WEDNESDAY'S WRATH

Beginne am Anfang

"No I just didn't want to be here when you are. It'll hurt too much to watch you pack up and walk out of my life, Babe." Boyz II Men's "Please Don't Go" was playing in the background.

Oh, wow! Really Mackenzie?!

"Hold on. Let me ask my fiancé when we can stop by to get my stuff." Not even covering the receiver, I called out to Franklin. "Baby, Mackenzie wants to know when we can stop by to pick up the rest of my stuff at his place."

"Fiancé?! What the fuck?!" Mackenzie exclaimed on the other end.

I'm milking that lie til I don't need it no mo'!!

To my surprise, Franklin appeared in the doorway and said, "How about now?!"

"Now?!" I asked to confirm with Mackenzie.

"Y-yeah s-sure! You still have your key, right?" Mackenzie asked nervously.

"Of course I don't. Obviously you haven't looked on top of the dresser in the bedroom."

"Oh... So I'll have to be here to let you in," Mackenzie said, sounding happier.

"Yes, Hubby and I will be there shortly," I replied, suppressing the urge to laugh at the image of Mackenzie's foiled attempt at reconciliation. Did he really think I would go back to him?!

Disconnecting the call, I looked at Franklin. "I guess you get to meet my ex."

"How are we playing this?" he asked, knowing that Mackenzie would be less inclined to make a move with Franklin around.

"You're the father of my child and you want to do the right thing so we're engaged to get married before the baby is born," I smiled at my cleverness!

Smirking, Franklin said, "Did I give you a ring?"

"Um... Um..." Thrown off by the question, I said, "What difference does that make?"

"This might be a fake engagement but I'm using a real ring," Franklin said as he walked over to me. Slipping a ring on my left hand ring finger, he said, "So we can look the part, are we doing full-on PDA?"

Seeing that Franklin was enjoying this a little too much, I said, "Franklin, we're just getting the rest of my stuff, not auditioning for Broadway. Call a few of your boys if you don't want me lifting anything."

"Give me Mackenzie's address and I'll have them meet us over there," Franklin replied, stepping aside as I exited the guest room to get dressed in the master bedroom.

An hour later, Franklin and his brothers, Jackson and Grant, were taking my bulky belongings out to Franklin's car while I was inside Mackenzie's house directing traffic. Shortly before we arrived, Mackenzie sent me a text stating that he had to step out but he left a key under the welcome mat.

"So he just left his house unlocked. What if you decided not to come over today?" Grant asked me before Franklin, his brothers and I headed back home.

"I'm sure he was nearby. Knowing him, he didn't want to meet the man that could get me away from him," I said as I used Mackenzie's spare key to lock his door.

What I didn't know was whether Franklin had told his brothers about our pregnancy so I resigned my responses to "If you ask about it, I'll talk about it".

"Now are y'all gettin' married before or after she has the baby?" Jackson asked his brother.

I guess that answered THAT question!

"We're not getting married," I replied quickly to avoid any confusion. Glancing over at Franklin, I watched his facial expression to see if he planned to clear up this story because my little lie was getting out of hand!!