𝐯. i can already see the tension

Start from the beginning

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

     "WILLOWS, OFF THE SKATEBOARD!" Blair barely heard the scolding voice of Mrs. Cuthbert, the school principal as she raced through the corridors, her headphones pressed against her ears with rock music blaring far too loud. Students parted quickly when they saw her coming, many glaring at the tall brunette and her arms that were full of books and a tan backpack on her shoulder.

     "Blair!" Isadora Stark yelled behind her, following Blair within a few feet away from her. A small smile grew on her face as she took the back foot off the tail of the board and placed it on the surface, dragging her back foot along the ground until she came to a complete stop. She ripped her headphones off her ears and hit the 'stop' button on her phone, freezing the music.

     "I just witnessed Ruth and Charles making out next to the girls bathroom," Winona Chambers, another one of Blair's friends, laughed, as she tug a strap of her backpack making sure it didn't fall off of her shoulder.

      "Weren't you in love with Ruth in like the ninth grade?" Blair asked Winona as she bent down and grabbed her skateboard. The three had continued down the crowded corridor, each occasionally getting their shoulders shoved.

     "Yeah, but i'm pretty sure she's straight," Winona sighed. Blair chuckled as Isadora patted Winona's back. The three continued walking, eventually reaching their lockers. Luckily, they were only a few spaces apart.

     "So, are we all up for the art room?" Isadora asked, shoving her math book in her locker.

     Blair flashed her a grin as she rested her skateboard on the side of her locker, "Of course, I just need to pass out some permission slips for Mrs Cuthbert."

     "Don't you hate the principal?" Winona asked Blair, putting her eyebrows in a tight knit.

     "I do." Blair retorted quickly, "But i'd rather pass out permission slips for an A plus then get the chancla on my ass by my father."

     Isadora giggled softly. This only widened Blair's smile, triumphant she had made the wholesome girl laugh so early in the morning.

     "So, what's happening with you and Johnny Orlando?" Winona asked with a grin.

     "Nothing," Blair stated, slamming her locker shut and grasping her skateboard in her free hand.

     "There has to be some kind of chemistry between you two." Isadora complained.

     "Well, there isn't." Blair replied calmly.

     As if on cue, the shrill bell rang throughout the school, causing teen boys and girls to fly out the hallways and into the classrooms. A sigh of relief escaped Blair's lips as she did not want anymore questions about the famous Johnny Orlando that constantly consumed her thoughts.

     She was incredulous that she in fact was falling hard for the boy. She's never even encountered him but yet it was like he was a life-sized ken doll that had accidentally been misplaced in a world that involved of cigarette smoke and a handful of trash. Though, she had soon quickly realized that her liking of the boy was a case of extreme infatuation rather than love. She didn't know what the boy was liked behind the screen and truth be told, she was scared to find out.

     Setting down her skateboard on the surface, she placed her headphones back over her ears and played her music, far too loud to be healthy. She placed her front foot over the front truck bolts, using her back foot to push alongside the board and propel herself forward.