Childhoods

Unrelated to the last one, but can be read as in the same universe.

Enjoy!

——

Yuuta sat on the couch. Watching the dumb show of a hero using soda to defeat stereotypical villains.

Saiki would never admit it, but he always had a soft spot for children. They were so much purer than teens or adults. They almost never carried any baggage.

Well, Saiki Kusuo had always been an exception to what is considered normal, no?

To say he had an unhappy childhood could be an understatement.

He had wiped out an entire nation for crying out loud!

But, of course, it shouldn't bother him. It would be too embarrassing asking his mother, even worst, his father, for help with practically anything.

He could handle it himself.

He simply needed to watch his every move. Needed to change human biology. Needed to commit mass genocide. Needed to have devices that could be used against him. Needed to be alone. Needed to be controlled. Needed to be...anything but human.

He loves his parents, not that he would ever admit it.

But, he can't help but feel resentment at them. For their hands off parenting. Especially at his father, Kuniharu.

The psychic sighed.

He didn't have it so bad. Others have it much worst.

So why does he feel so bitter?

Jealousy?

Why would he ever be jealous?

He has everything in the world. A loving home, god like powers and an amazing friend group.

The teen glanced at the kid. The kid was so happy.

No worries.

No powers.

....that sounds nice. Great even.

Is that why he feels jealous?

That's absurd. Saiki Kusuo isn't jealous.

Simply curious.

How are some kids so carefree?

So distracted?

So naive?

So innocent?

So....

....happy....?