The Inner Workings

Start from the beginning

After we review your form, we will screen the first chapter or two of your book. This screening process is to ensure that your book not only upholds WP guidelines but that it doesn't need more assistance than our club can manage. We understand that everyone can use some help, and we hate turning people away, but this book club is geared towards deeper story content versus grammatical corrections, therefore we do not accept books that need extra work in the grammar department.

If your book makes it through the screening process, congrats! We will send you an acceptance message along with the start date of your two-week trial.

The two-week trial is simple. You have two weeks, two rounds, to show you can keep up and if successful, you'll become a full-fledged Troublemaker. However, if you miss an assignment during your trial, you will be removed immediately. No second chances. Though, if you still wish to join us, you can reapply and start a new trial after three months.

 Though, if you still wish to join us, you can reapply and start a new trial after three months

~Assignments~

TTBC works on a partner system within reading groups. This means that members are placed into reading groups of 4, based on their genre. Every week you will be partnered with someone in your group. You will read and comment on two chapters of your partner's book as well as one chapter from the BOTW. We want to keep everyone in their group so that after they've partnered with each person they can then start the rotation again and pick up where they left off. This will help to make sure that you are not only reading past the first few chapters of your groups' books but that you will also get more chapters reviewed as well. 

As mentioned, we are going to try our best to group everyone based on their genre. Each group will also be assigned an admin who they will report to after the completion of each assignment.

~Comment Guidelines~

Partners:

- Read and comment on 2 chapters of your partner's book.

-All comments must start with #TTBC

- 3 inline comments minimum per chapter. (Does not have to be over the top or any specific length.)

- 1 end of chapter comment per chapter. The end of chapter comments can be no shorter than 6 sentences. We value quality here and expect you to give everything you can. Do not be generic. Be detailed. This is your time to shine and earn recognition to reach Ink Master status. 

-This is not mandatory, but we will be offering a question of the week for you to answer in one of your end of chapter comments. This is not to be included in your 6 sentence minimum but as an addition to those. If it is included in your 6 sentences, it will not count, and by "count" we mean that answering the weekly question is another way to earn recognition and reach Ink Master Status.