❆ 𝟏𝟎. 𝐃𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐞

Start from the beginning

"The West District," she said with a smile and Yukime nodded her head. [name] laughed softly as she reached out and grasp her tsuguko's shoulder, giving it a gentle squeeze and soon raised her hand, ruffling her head as well.

"Don't be scared, I will be around," she spoke out and Yukime hesitantly nodded still. One would be afraid of being attacked and devoured by some unknown source which is most likely a demon.

But having [name] with them somehow made her feel a little more calm than usual, but she couldn't help but worry about the demons that lurk about in the West District. They wouldn't be as kind as [name], nor will they be able to control themselves from not devouring any human flesh.

Causing Yukime to shudder at the thought, and [name] could only laugh softly at what had happened. She slowly turned her head to take a look as the lower-ranked demon slayers continued with their reluctance in following her.

"Well then, I hope you like the cold as much as I do," she spoke out with a smile, hoping it would help ease the tension, only for them to aver their gaze and not respond as they didn't want to be talking to a demon.

Yukime was about to lash out at them, only to have [name] holding onto her dearly.

"Let's just go. They aren't here to make friends," she whispered out and Yukime clenched her hands tightly, hoping it would help ease her anger somehow, only for her to let out a sigh then once again.

And soon a frown appeared on their faces as they set foot into the town where the light doesn't shine upon. [name]'s eyes widened as the lower-ranked demon slayers started to shiver from the intense cold, yet, [name] remained alright.

"Fucking monster," one of the lower-ranked demon slayers spat out as they watched [name] still standing tall without feeling the need to hunch over and warm herself up. She watched as the never-ending snowstorm got colder as she took a step forward.

As if it was calling upon her to compete. Her pink-tinted lips parted as she looked at Yukime who was shivering and she gritted her fangs together. With her hand stretched out, she soon clenched it into a fist and slammed it against the cold air, yet, they watched as she stopped.

As her fist had hit a wall.

And with just that simple action and impact, did the blizzard stops. Her pink-tinted lips parted as she breathed in and out deeply, looking around as she nodded her head at Yukime

They continued to walk through the snow-covered town, only for them to unsheathe their nichirin blade. [name] pointed towards the front, and motioned for the lower-ranked demon slayers to split up and cover more of the grounds.

[name] then noticed Yukime sticking to her and she nodded her head as they looked as those who stayed in the town starting to come out from hiding. It had been long ever since they could come out from their home, hoping that the blizzard had stopped.

They then entered a shop due to [name]'s instinct and [name] held onto Yukime's arm tightly, as if trying to assure her. The shop owner's eyes laid upon [name] and then followed by the mark on the side of her face.

"Eh? I'm surprised that there are people still travelling to our town. What brings you to this cold town of ours?" the shop owner spoke as he looked through the aisle of food he had lined up, trying to find something warm for them to drink.

"A little bird has informed me about how this town was stuck in a winter storm, where light doesn't shine upon. Care to explain?" [name] spoke calmly as she sat on the high chair that was available in the store and watched as the shop owner started to pour some hot tea and she motioned for Yukime to do the same as well.