Epilogue

Slowly drifting with the tide, Dracan allowed his little boat to gently nestle against the wooden pier. After the peace and quiet of the time that Dracan had spent on the island, the quayside here at Latavascar seemed to be so busy and so noisy. Jumping up on to the pier and securing his little boat to the nearest bollard he could find he made his way to the Guardian of the Port, to whom all arrivals had to report before being allowed to travel further up the river to the smaller ports and villages, recognising Dracan from his visits to Latavascar with his grandfather the Guardian made note of his arrival and told him that he had recently seen his grandfather who had been in good health but was showing concern that Dracan had not been seen for some time. Dracan told the Guardian about his adventures on the island of Montraghar without mentioning the four sprites and thanked him for his help and kindness and said that he would be sailing on to his grandfather's home with the tide.
Returning to his little boat, he jumped down and hurriedly hoisted his main sail and prepared to cast off from the pier, in doing so he glanced around the harbour noticing that most of the sailors and workers who were on the pier, were looking towards the sky and although not knowing why he did the same but as he noticed nothing out of the ordinary put it out of his mind and concentrated on setting sail and looked forward with great excitement towards meeting his grandfather once more, where he planned to tell him of not only his adventures but also of the four sprites, not without some little concern as he did not know how this news would be greeted, he would only introduce him to the four sprites when he was sure that no one thought him out of his mind as the story he had to tell, would, he was sure, be greeted with disbelief by not only his grandfather but the whole of the village.

That, he said to himself would be a whole new story............