Chapter 1

Toby woke to a loud bell which would raise the entire camp. He quickly got up and dressed, hurriedly making his bed and tidying his cupboard before checking his appearance.

His brown hair was short as per regulation, his young baby face clean shaven and his green eyes alive for action. Once last glance over the room he took off out into the bustling corridor and down to the parade ground.

He filed into his place within the lines of people, all dressed identically.

A yell commanded them into standing to attention.

Three men in official uniforms marched along the rows, inspecting and picking up on anything from a crease to a stray hair.

Toby kept his eyes straight to the front, straight backed and professional as they passed him.

An inspection of the dorms was going on at the same time, names being yelled out of the window by their commanding officer. The individuals who were named dropped to the floor to complete press-ups until released.

Around him his comrades dropped to the floor.

This may have been training, but Toby had been preparing for this his whole life, he was prepared for the standards they set.

After an hour of standing or doing press-ups they were required to do 10 laps of the field before finally being released for breakfast.

Toby let out a sigh of relief as his friends patted him on the back and babbled as they made their way to the mess hall.

 ~*~

Over 3500 miles away, Christina was sound asleep. It was good many hours before she would surface. When she finally did so, she got up slowly dragging herself round her room pulling on clothes she’d spent an hour choosing last night. She brushed her blondie/brown hair, trying and failing at different hairstyles resorting to leaving it down. Her hazel eyes remained heavy with tiredness as she pulled a face at her untidy appearance.

She yawned as she walked downstairs, pulling out things she needed for breakfast before sitting down at the table. She sat there for a moment before getting up abruptly and putting on her music, turning it up loud to block out the silence. She just laughed as the wall banged from annoyed neighbours.

Once finally ready to leave, she checked her amended appearance once again, picked up her bag and walked out of the small flat slamming the door locked behind her.

Halfway down the road she was jumped on by her friends causing her to stumble forward and grumble at the two of them. She found that the first day at school was a love-hate relationship. Her group grew as they got closer to the school, giggling and talking animatedly to each other as they exchanged greetings.

As the school bell rang and they made their way to their respective tutor groups. Christina knew this life inside out and the only major thing about to happen to her life was end of term exams to get into college.

Right?

Short opening chapter, just to set the scene. I'm a bit stuck over the title atm, so sorry if it changes, but it will be along the same lines.

This story is a bit random, but we shall see.

*Disclaimer* i dont know much about how the military work in any country, so all that i write is from my head/ from what i've seen on tv. All characters and plots are fictional and are not meant for personal distress or likewise. :D

Best wishes, MillaB