𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 10

Start from the beginning

──────────

"Ohh, that's how you do it? It's so easy!"

Bokuto exclaimed effortlessly for the third time after a brief math explanation. You and Akaashi raised an eyebrow at each other then turned to Bokuto.

"You say that but you still got it wrong, Bokuto-san."

You proved to him by brandishing the test paper you assigned him earlier. The incorrect numbers stayed the same and his answers had not improved one bit.

"Well, I'm sorry! Do I need to calculate the amount of power I need to hit while projecting the diagonal range from the net to the enemy's territory? NOoo. It's all manpower," He clasped his biceps.

Your shoulders dropped, "What??"

"This is Calculus," Akaashi commented.

"I know that Akaashi...! This just means that what I'm learning in class won't help me in real-life practices."

A smug grin was plastered on his face before he slumped on the table, "I'm never going to pass the quiz." 

You sighed and turned to Washio who was teaching his three students. The trio was unfazed in front of their books.

Komi and Konoha disregarded Washio's presence. Sarukui on the other hand seemed to be busy with his notes when in truth he was just doodling absentmindedly.

They wouldn't make any progress even if they kept going.

You sighed, dropping your pencil, "I think everyone needs a break."

Upon hearing your statement, the students flashed a grin and got up in one instant motion.

"I call for the pudding in Bokuto's fridge!" Konoha was the first to dash out of the room.

"Oi! I save that for myself!" Bokuto pursued him, kicking the table on the way.

Sarukui and Komi tagged along behind them with the decency to walk peacefully.

"Why do I feel like signing up for babysitting?"

Your hand reached the table to flip it back to its previous position. Akaashi assisted by collecting the scattered books.

"If it's okay, [surname]..." Washio pointed his thumb towards the door.

"Oh, It's fine! Go ahead, Washio-san."

He nodded, leaving the two of you alone in the room.

"You're not going, Akaashi?"

He shook his head lightly, "I better help our manager-san here."

"You've been calling me manager-san lately. What's up with that?"

He shrugged, stacking the book on the table, "I like calling you our manager. It reminds me to appreciate you more."

After the room was organized, you leaned on the bed and opened the math book again. Akaashi roamed around the room to clean up a bit.

You found yourself coming back to the same formula because you couldn't grasp the process to get the written result.

Akaashi saw you perused the book intently. He stopped what he's doing and plopped right next to you. He shifted his arm on the bed, positioning it behind your head.

"Need some help?"

"Uh, yeah. I didn't think it would be this complex."

You showed him the page, causing your shoulders to touch.

"I haven't figured this out either. We should ask Washio-san later. In the meantime..."

He beckoned you to look at the clock, "It's already past ten p.m. Let me walk you home?"

"Oh, you're right, but what about Bokuto-san?"

"We can continue tomorrow after your shift. You should go home, [surname]." He stared at you with his ocean eyes and beautiful lashes.

"Yeah, I suppose. Let's head downstairs then."

You packed your bags and walked out of the bedroom with Akaashi. You could hear the commercial audio from the tv and the ruckus from the kitchen as you descended the staircase.

"Where are your parents, Bokuto-san?" You asked, leaning on the minimalist bar that divided the kitchen and the dining room.

"Work conference in Kyoto. They'll be back on Monday. You're staying right?" A wide grin was drawn on his face.

"Actually I came to say goodbye. Akaashi is taking me home."

"What- we already cook you some spaghetti. How's the sauce, Konoha?"

Konoha dipped his finger in a pan of boiling red sauce, "Ack!" He licked it and gave Bokuto a thumbs up.

"Oh, you guys shouldn't have. I'll be back tomorrow to tutor again."

Bokuto came running to block your path to the front door.

"Come on, [name]. Tomorrow is Saturday. Just tell your parents you're sleeping at a friend's house tonight. We're watching some movies later."

"We want to thank you for spending your time to help us study," Sarukui added.

"It's not all on me. There's Akaashi and Washio-san as well."

"Well yeah, but they're dudes. We can't treat a girl the same way as guys."

Konoha winked with a click of his tongue. His head turned to the boys, "No offense mah dudes."

"None taken."

"We realized that we sometimes burdens you a little- er.. too much. When you were quitting, we thought it was our fault that you couldn't take it anymore. Now that you're back, we want to spend a lot of time with you because... we don't want to feel like losing you again." Bokuto's hands knitted together behind him.

You were moved by his elucidation. They expected you to stay and it made you feel so loved, so wanted.

An unrestrained laugh punctuated the moment of stillness. The rest were all smiling, for your happiness was contagious.

"I love you guys."

"We love you too!" a mix of different voices answered you.

Bokuto grabbed your hand, getting more excited.

"SLEEPOVER!"

***