𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 5

TW ⚠️ : sexual assault and harassment

***

Who would have known your encounter with Akaashi at the cafe actually changed things for the better. You felt more connected with him personally, especially after you confided about your family. He was like that one comfort friend who wouldn't compare your problems with his own.

As far as the good things remained, you still struggled with balancing school and work. You could recall the precise 5 hours of sleep you're getting for the past nights, sometimes less.

It hadn't been easy to dream, so sleep was just a period of time where you laid in bed with your eyes close. As a result, you had an even harder time today when it's time for a weekly quiz.

Lunch breaks weren't used accordingly anymore. You used the limited time of free period to take a short nap, building a cushion for your head out of stacked books and covering it with your blazer.

You didn't budge from your position when you felt your stomach grumbled.

"My child, rest is more essential"

It didn't cease its temper as if purposely disrupting your nap. That's when you knew your body got the best of you because it wouldn't cooperate until you gave what it wanted.

You were daydreaming about the kinds of food you're craving. Rice balls, sandwiches, and most especially, fried-noodle buns.

It was the cafeteria's highest demand that students practically had to fight their lives for it. Some of the people you knew who would risk it all would be Bokuto and Komi since they had always been the top eaters in the team.

You got up to have a drink from your water bottle when someone yelled your name from the classroom door.

"Yoo, [name]!"

Bokuto entered the class with Akaashi behind.

"Bokuto-san, please refrain from yelling," Akaashi went to his table.

"Hello, Bokuto-san. What are you doing in my class?"

"Check this out."

In his hand was the noodle bun you wanted.

"Wait for it."

He wiggled his fingers while taking something out of his blazer for a flair of mystery. Then in one single pull, another bun appeared.

"Can you believe I was able to get three buns?" he exclaimed with excitement.

Before you could correct him regarding the numbers, Akaashi brandished his own from behind Bokuto, telling you that he was right.

"I gave one to Akaashi and this one is for you," He gladly handed you the wrapped bun.

"Wow, thank you, Bokuto-san. I must say, that is impressive."

"Riighttt? Nobody tells me how amazing I am. Hmph!" He sat on a table in front of you.

He took a bite from the bun and gazed out the window.

You looked over at Akaashi, who you promised will talk to Bokuto about the manager issue.

"Bokuto-san, how have you been doing during practice?"

He was about to take another bite but stopped halfway when you asked him. His expression went glum.

"Ah... could have been better I guess. I still miss having you around, you know," he grew timid like a child.

"I saw the recruitment poster. Have you found a new manager yet?"

"No. They... didn't fit the criteria."