Ava's Magic Portal

(Back to our regularly scheduled program a year later. Sorry😅)

(Y/N) POV

I was sleeping, on my side, my back facing the door, till I felt a tall presence behind me. So, I did what any normal person would do, I opened my eyes slightly and turned to face the person in my room. When I saw those sapphire blue eyes, I instantly knew who it was.

"Pierce what are you doing? Is there something you need?" I asked as I looked at the clock on my nightstand and saw it was 6:39 am. Okay so I can't say it that early to be woken up at. Ava would say different because she likes to sleep in. And since it's my day off I can help Ava watch over them.

"I wanted to talk to you." He spoke. That's a surprise. He usually seems like the silent but deadly type of guy. And I couldn't say no to his blue eyes. There so pretty. (Why am I always writing about his eyes. Or any man's eyes. I mean he has nice cubes and all but why am I writing about them so much.)

"What did you need to talk about? Is something wrong with you and the others?" I asked while sitting up. He looked fine but he could just be hiding something more serious. I'd known since I do it to with Ava and her dad's.

"You." He spoke. Okay. So, he wants to know me. That's a surprise. I nodded for him to continue. I was curious in what he had to say since he's so silent. He squinted his eyes in a way that made it seem like I was in trouble.

"How do you know about Daemos and its magic problem?" He asked. Okay here's the thing I could say the truth or a lie. He seems nice but can I trust him yet?

Okay here are my options here and now. Option 1, I tell him the truth. Option 2, I tell him a lie that's somewhat true but still a lie. Or option 3, tell him something that's not true at all, and basically flat out lie to him. I'm going with option 2 for this one. Asch already knows the truth about me, but he's family, its different. I don't trust his men to know the howl truth yet. Later maybe, but not now.

"Well, you guys aren't the only ones that traveled here. But that was before you were born at the time." I spoke. A half-truth. Not outing me or my dad about being from there but that a Deamos came here before.

"Where is this Daemos now?" He asked. I felt my heart sink a little at that question. 

My eyes started to tear up and I looked down to my lap thinking my hands were interesting. "Their gone. From our world and yours. The left and I never saw them again." I said in a sad tone. I knew my dad was dead. It can hurt a kid that was 6 years old when they're father figure leaves. I felt Pierce start to pat my head as if to say sorry to me. I closed my eyes to enjoy the comfort that he's giving me. I'll admit it he gives good head pats. 

"I am sorry. For bringing up bad memories for you to remember." He spoke. Then he saw my choker. "Who gave you that?" He asked while pointing at my choker. Now that hit my heart hard. 

I touched the (y/b/s) gem that is attached to my choker. A small tear went down my face. Now that was a sensitive topic. The one thing that my mom ever gave me. It was the one thing I wish I could re-due in my life. To say goodbye to my mom when she died of heart break.

"It was my mother's before she passed away. It's something I don't like to talk about." I spoke. I closed my eyes, they say the eye are windows to the soul, I didn't need him to see that I'm weak on the inside. I felt the bed dip beside me, and Pierces hand went to the back of my head. Then all I knew next was that my head was between his neck and shoulder. 

It felt so... safe like this. In his arms. His smell was so intoxicating I felt like going to sleep again. The smell of forest and wild berries was.... soothing to me. Relaxing even. I could easily fall asleep until someone ruined it. But someone disturbed me from going back to sleep.