Killer shifted.

«I don't think it's a good idea. You can barely stand, and you should really think about your crew first.»

That made Kid snap.

He grabbed the blonde's collar and abruptly tugged his helmet inches from his face, eyes rabid.

«SHE'S FUCKING MINE!»

A pained grunt escaped Killer's lips. His hand reached for Kid's wrist and swatted his hand away from his shirt.

«Pull yourself together, you idiot! You're lucky that she isn't here to see you like this.»

Kid gritted his teeth and a terrifying growl rumbled in his throat but he didn't retort.

«Boss... we need to go back to the ship. The town is swarming with marines and there are even admirals around. Not to mention the... monster up there.» Heat hesitantly murmured after a while.

The captain scoffed and turned, his gaze searching the beach again, even he knew it was no use.

Killer let out a sigh.

«Fine.»

Kid felt a light object falling onto his lap and lowered his attention to the small Den Den Mushi before shooting a questioning look to his second in command.

«If you're so tormented about her, call her.»

«Wha–»

«I slipped my Den Den Mushi into her pocket before she left. She was quite distracted.»

«What the... Why didn't you fucking stop her then?!»

Killer groaned in frustration.

«Take a look at me, Kid! Even she could kick my ass now.»

Kid spat on the ground and glared at the snail.

What was the point?

The old town was now reduced to a chaotic, smoky battlefield.

Marines and pirates were clashing everywhere. On the shore, in the streets, even inside houses and buildings.

As if it wasn't enough, that giant black monster towered over the island and smashed whatever was so unfortunate to be too close. His every move was making the earth rumble and raising a dark cloud of dust that fell to cover the port.

Up until that moment, you had managed to slide under the radar of both pirates and marines. Well... mainly marines.

You were still wearing that casual outfit and the mask, so you looked more like a pirate at the moment.

Taking advantage of the overall reduced visibility and your small size, you sneaked alongside walls and alleys and brought yourself near the shore. And yet, you still hadn't lost that damn mask.

You hid behind a semi-destroyed building and inhaled deeply.

A group of marines was raiding the wider street closeby but very few pirates were around. That was the perfect moment to step out and reveal yourself.

...then why couldn't you move?

Pirupirupirupirupirupiru.

A Den Den Mushi?

Your pocket was vibrating with the familiar noise.

You slowly reached down to pull out the snail. It was Killer's.