Well, at first I thought

Start from the beginning

The boy nodded towards an empty classroom, aware of the multiple pair of eyes tracking their movements. "Let's meet here at lunch, alright? Don't worry, I don't want to fight you."

Jeongguk scoffed at that. "Why would I worry about fighting you? You should worry about fighting me, you'd lose in a heartbeat."

Hoseok just stared at him and turned around. "Don't talk so highly of yourself after being beaten down into the ground two weeks ago."

With that he stepped away.

⭒❃.✮:▹ 🥊 ◃:✮.❃⭒

"So what do you want dickwad?" Jeongguk had kicked the door open and made an entrance into the empty classroom, hands stuffed inside of his trouser pockets and an unlit cigarette dangling from his lips. "I don't have time for your nonsense or whatever it is you want to talk about."

Hoseok merely quirked an eyebrow and pushed himself from the desk he was leaning against.

"I'm not here to talk nonsense - at least I believe you'll be interested to hear what I have to say." The boy came to a halt in front of Jeongguk and leant closer to push the door closed.

Jeongguk, uncomfortable by the sudden proximity, balled his fists and puffed. He took the unlit cigeratte and pushed it into his pocket. "It'd surprise me because everything that comes out of your mouth is practically like dead flies to me. Uninteresting and always annoying me."

"Quit your bratty behavior and listen to me."

Jeongguk blinked in surprise, the sentence a bit too familiar to his ears. Taehyung sometimes had to use that tone with him when Jeongguk had especially bad days and was a real brat when he came home.

The black haired boy clicked his tongue. Knowing he should pipe down, he spoke up again but with a calmer voice this time. "What is it?"

"You should probably just watch this. It's easier than explaining."

Hoseok practically shoved his phone into Jeongguk's hands and pressed the play button. Jeongguk hastily clutched the phone into his hands - knowing it was one of those expensive types - and brought it closer to his eyes to watch the video play.

His eyebrows immediately scrunched together when a blurry mess of people were visible on the screen, the person filming apparently in a rush. The chaos on the screen suddenly turned into a familiar situation and Jeongguk's stomach dropped when he realized what he was watching.

There, on the little phone screen, could his own almost tiny looking body be seen as it was covered with jocks trying to aim their fists and feet at his body. The person filming obviously tried to zoom on his face, trying to capture his pained expression.

Jeongguk watched himself, his eyes squeezed shut in pain, his body curled into itself and he could almost feel the pain from that day surge back through his body.

He could still remember his thoughts in that exact moment. How he'd thought the pain would never end, how pain had never felt this bad before, how much of an ass he had been to everyone to the point that no one would save him.

Before he knew it Hoseok had carefully slid the phone out of his tight grasp, his fingers having turned white. "The jocks who made you end up in the hospital have spread this shit around", Hoseok spoke, his voice unexpectedly gone soft.

"What?" His voice was merely a whisper. He couldn't produce more sound than that. He felt sick to the stomach imagining people laughing and smiling and cheering when watching the video.

"I tried to stop them", Hoseok huffed and for some reason Jeongguk could feel the anger radiate off Hoseok. "I threatened to take the video to the dean and they were smart enough not to push it. Fuckers knew they'd get expelled if the video reached the teachers. At least their monkey brain knew that much.

"You-- you defended me?" Jeongguk was baffled. His enemy... helping him? "I don't understand."

Hoseok cocked his head to the side and grinned. "Hey, I know you're an asshole but from time to time I am too. We assholes have to stick up for each other when others try to take over our role as biggest assholes."

That was sort of heart warming. Jeongguk couldn't believe Hoseok was being nice to him.

"Well uhh this is weird to say but thanks Hoseok."

The boy grinned and patted him on the shoulder. "No problem, let's forget about it." He stuffed the phone back into his pocket and began heading for the door, his arm pushing Jeongguk with him in an almost friendly manner.

"I also still have a phone bill for you to pay."

"What?"

"That call for an ambulance was fucking pricy you know."

...

"Wait what!?"

Once again thanks for reading, check out my other stories or other account @autumnawe or Instagram @/bubblegumkoo or art Instagram @/bubblegumtaeve ✨