Chapter 2 - 𝑶𝒏𝒆 𝑴𝒐𝒓𝒆 𝑻𝒓𝒚

Start from the beginning

Thankfully all of her doubts about being the center of attention were put to shame by the extravagant decor and size of the stadium. Not just that, but everyone was too focused on the players who were currently warming up. So busy that they couldn't pay any care to the girl and her companion.

"Kenma! Look how high the ceiling is!!" [Y/n] gushed like she was a child in an arcade with thousands of the latest and high tech games that she could play forever without ever getting tired or bored.

"Someone's excited." The brunette teased, noticing the glow in his friend's [E/c] eyes. Which, strangely enough, reminded him of a certain someone.

[Y/n] and Kenma had both shared the same feelings for the sport known as volleyball but after studying abroad for so long it seemed as if her love for the sport had died down quite a bit. That was until she stepped into the stadium and all of her memories came back at once. It felt like an anvil had fell from the sky and landed on her directly.

"I can't believe I actually wanted to stay at home and watch the game live on tv..." She awed. The woman was ashamed for even suggesting such a stupid idea.

"Come on [Y/n] , we should find our seats before the game starts." Kenma urged his friend who seemed to be too busy checking out all the players on the court.

"Yeah, seats.." She was zoned out.

Kenma clicked his tongue which made a 'tss' sound and walked ahead of [Y/n]; presumably to guide her to her seat location.

She followed him and smiled happily once she noticed how close to the front they were getting. "How'd you manage to get us front row tickets Kenma?" Surely he must have used his famous boy charm to persuade somebody. The view of the players had just gotten about ten times better. It fueled her hungry heart. The view was definitely something [Y/n] could get use to.

"Remember that invite I told you about earlier?" Kenma pointed towards someone on the court. "Does he seem familiar to you?"

[Y/n] followed Kenma's finger and her eyes landed on a familiar figure. He was a more taller player with lean with broad shoulders, well-built arms, and a muscular frame. But what really stood out was his black hair that was a tad bit messy and had spikes going upwards due to his bed head.

"Rooster Head!" She giggled recognizing her old pal Kuroo.

To [Y/n]'s surprise, even over all the loud cheers and excitement that filled the stadium Kuroo heard her. He recognized her [H/c] hair right away and sent a flirtatious smile along with a wave towards your direction. Of course his fans didn't know that and went crazy, bickering over which one of them it was meant for.

Paying no mind to the desperate girls who all wanted a piece of him like turkey on Thanksgiving, she mouthed some words of encouragement to him. Thanks to their front row seats it wasn't that difficult for him to determine them either.

"Good Luck!" She smiled full-heartedly.

He returned the gesture and mouthed something back to her. Of course she didn't pick up on it though because well...How should she put this? She was a bit dense when it came to things like that.

"He said he'll be expecting to see us both cheering him on." Kenma's bored tune echoed. Kenma knew the woman wasn't too good at reading lips so he studied her and kuroo's conversation carefully incase something like that had happened.

"Definitely!" She cheerfully replied not long before the lights dimmed and the crowd went silent, signalling it was time for the game to begin.

╭ ╮

╰ ╯

The game progressed further and [Y/n] couldn't help but notice that most of her attention was only being drawn to one player. An unfamiliar player at that. Sure Kuroo was the one who invited her and it would be wrong of [Y/n] not to show him any attention but she couldn't help herself. The man in question was like a magnetic force and she was iron, he stood out like a fish walking on land. His form, his spikes, receives, everything he did, it was so majestic, so synchronized, so well thought out.