『 C H A P T E R 18 : ARMIN ARLET 』

Start from the beginning

"Not interested." She turned her down immediately.

"Why not Sena? Won't you make friend with Eren?"

"No.."

"You don't have any friend, you could have make one with Eren. What's wrong with that?"

"It seems like you really are not listening to mom."

"What do you mean?"

"Think it yourself. I'm going back."

"Sena...." Ireen tried to grab her sister's hand but it slipped out of her grip as she watched her retreating form. Ireen huffed in disappointment, blowing the fringe on her forehead away as she sighed.

"What does she means by that?" She mumbled to herself.

Shaking her own thoughts away and think that there'll be no use to force her sister to come along, Ireen turned away eventually and went to different road to Eren's house.

She walked quietly humming to herself, all the while trying to think back on what her sister had just said.

- - -

Sena didn't exactly went back home as what she said. Instead she went to one of the bookstores at the East of Shiganshina market center looking for a book.

Upon entering the old building that smelt like polished pine wood and peppermint leaf freshener, she was greeted by an old lady that sat behind the counter, smiling toothless to her.

"Good morning, child. Looking for a book?" The old lady caressed the back of her palm as she spoke. Her eyes barely open but seems like she could still see through the small openings.

"Yes, madam. That's why I'm here." Sena nodded respectfully.

"Any specific kinda book you are looking for? Maybe I can help." The shaken voice of the old lady told how weak she is and there's no way she could be of any help. Especially after seeing how trembling she was just by putting her palms on the counter and pushed herself to stand on her feet, that Sena immediately rushed to stop her.

"It's okay, madam. I can look for myself.." She reassured.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

"Well then okay. I'll be here waiting if you need help." The old lady sat back, feeling great to finally able to sit again, all the while still smiling to the brunette.

Even if I need help I can't possibly ask for yours...

Sena watched the old lady for few more seconds before walking away to rows of stacking books on shelves. She read the listed genre pasted on each of the shelves, and walked pass them when it wasn't what she's looking for. Her eyes diligently scanned around catching each of the words making sure she wasn't skipping on any shelves that could potentially lead to her answer.

That, until she reached the history and education section, where she thinks most likely to have the answer to her questions.

Unhesitatingly, Sena climbed the shelves to reach the most highest row and started searching through each of the books. Most of the books have the tittles printed on the bones of the book so she just went through it quickly. If she finish the row and yet to find her book she will climb down a row lower and continue searching on the second row.

The process keeps repeating until she could find the book she wanted for.

- - -