Five Against the World

Start from the beginning

"They aren't" Erata confirmed. She gulped down some water. "They're just going with what would give them more money and power"

Hoseok, who had been thoughtful the entire time, finally spoke up to say, "We should find Fen, firstly. I think he would have a better chance at swaying the council. Or helping us assemble a resistance against Ajax. Whatever it is we plan to do"

"But how?" Jimin questioned. His hand automatically flew up to pet Mochi, who had jumped up to his lap. "We don't know where Draiotch ran off to. He's probably off-chart, hiding away from the council. We've only got our wits for this"

"At least we have five brains" Yoongi muttered. "That has got to help"

"Five brains" Erata sarcastically echoed. "And no idea of where to start. Wonderful"

"We could start from roaming around the city" Jimin suggested, only to be immediately shot down by Seokjin's cry of, "Are you insane?"

"It's a death wish yes, but what else?" Jimin argued. "We have literally zero clue of where this Fen person could be, and Ajax wouldn't leave him in a place related to the council since Yoongi would know"

Hoseok nodded. "He's right. We only have a handful of days left. We should start soon"

"Wait, let me get this straight" Yoongi frowned and paused, surprised, when Jimin fed him a piece of meat right into his opened mouth ready to continue his sentence. Jimin was, if anything, insistent at getting the man to eat. "You want us to..." the man chewed before continuing. "Roam about the city, to find someone who could be hidden anywhere in Elyxion. Even in the Nyx itself. Surely you can see that it's not going to work"

"Yes, but also what else can we do?" Hoseok countered. "Just the five of us against a whole set of power-hungry bastards. Who do you think will win?'

"We need to find a loophole" Erata said. "Something that could force people to see what the council's doing to Elyxion"

"So what, stage a street drama?" Jimin deadpanned.

"No, of course not" the girl glared. "A little evidence. People who have been wronged by the council"

"It won't work" Yoongi said. "Not unless we have someone powerful to back us up"

All of them shared a look, followed by nods of their heads.

"Fen it is, then" the Reaper finalized. "We should split to cover more area. There is no way they could have just captured Fen without leaving a trail about somewhere"

"The council?" Seokjin suggested.

Hoseok shuddered. "That is suicide"

"So only a few of us should go" Erata muttered. "To minimize the risks of being caught"

"I want to go" Jimin resolutely said. Yoongi at once swiveled to look at him, brows in his hairline. The human gave him a firm look. Jimin had an inexplicable urge to take part in this quest. But there was definitely something that made him want to infiltrate the council. Maybe it was the hate within him, but then again, he knew what it- what motivated him to go on this quest- was.

"Why?" Yoongi looked very much opposed to the idea, but he didn't get it. Yoongi didn't understand that all of this mess in Elyxion was killing Earth too and being the only human in Elyxion, Jimin felt this immense need to stand up for his world.

"Everything that's happening here-" he began. "In Elyxion, it directly affects Earth. It was a mess when I left. They'd shut down schools and all. And I-I'm the only human who knows why. I just have to help somehow"

"You can help" Yoongi argued, voice sharp. "But not like this"

"I want to help however I can" Jimin solidly said. "Please"

"This is dangerous"

"It's the same for you too"

"But you are only ̶" Yoongi stopped mid-sentence, snapping his mouth shut, but Jimin understood anyway. He bristled.

"But I'm only human?' there was acid in his voice. "I know that, Yoongi"

The Reaper wasn't fazed. "If you do, you would stay behind, angel"

"I think you're the one who'd forgetting that I'm human" he fought for his voice to not wobble, but he couldn't help the little tremor. He didn't understand the sudden tension between them. He didn't understand nor like it. "And humans aren't useless"

"Maybe not on Earth but-"

Jimin cut him off with an, "I know you're just worried but-"

"No, Jimin" Yoongi firmly said. "No. And that is final"

"You can't order me" he hated the fact that there were tears welling in his eyes. His fists clenched. "You can't"

"Angel, please" Yoongi reached out to hold one of Jimin's hands in both of his and Jimin could physically feel the anger melting away as the Reaper locked eyes with him. "It's too dangerous"

But Jimin was not the one to back down easily. "I know you're just worried but I can handle myself Yoongi. Trust me"

"I think it is best that you do, Yoongi" until Seokjin had spoken up softly, Jimin had completely forgotten that their friends were even in the same room. "Jimin's not going to get caught. He's smart"

Yoongi's jaw was tense. "I do not like it"

"I don't like you going there either, Yoongi" Jimin reasoned, words gentle. "I'm worried too"

The Reaper exhaled slowly, but his shoulders were still tense. He let go of Jimin's hand to cross his arms over his chest and Jimin felt the absence of warmth almost immediately. His lips pursed.

"So we infiltrate" Hoseok finally said. His hand curled around Erata's, almost absent-mindedly and Jimin tried not to be bitter. He and Yoongi would get past this. This was just one tiny obstacle. Among all the other cascades of obstacles.

Wonderful. Just wonderful.

His heart clenched painfully, mind clouding with sudden gloom.

"When?" Seokjin asked, distracting Jimin from his inner turmoil. "It would be better if we could go today itself. Do you think we can?"

They all contemplated this.

"I don't see why not" Erata finally said. "But we're going have to be ready for the roughest conditions. I don't think we can stay in inns anymore..."

"Then what? Camping?" Seokjin's nose scrunched in distaste. "I am already hating this"

"Why are you like this?" Hoseok muttered. "If it boils down to it then yes, you might even have to sleep on the damn ground"

Jimin sighed. "Do we go today?"

Seokjin nodded. "It is just the five of us, remember" he looked around at all of them. "Just the five of us against the damn council"

_____

Maybe i can double-update today i feel bad for the short chapter

Aight then