The Past Never Abandons You

Začít od začátku

Shaking himself out of the trance, he switched off the phone and walked over to his room. For some unknown reason, his eyes fell on the bag Seokjin had given him. He picked it up and thrust his hand deep into it, as if there was just something he had missed when he had unpacked-

And there- right there at the bottom of the bag, was a small box, small enough for it to have been missed by Jimin when unpacking. He took it out, frowning at the dark blue colored box on his palm. What could it be?

He opened it, gingerly, only for his mouth to fall open in pleasant surprise.

There was a small gold necklace, a delicate chain, with a pendant-

His eyes filled with tears.

The pendant was a small bouquet of flowers. A beautiful, clear and yet tiny bouquet of flowers each flower a different color.

There was a small phrase on the inside of the lid and Jimin squinted at it.

-To you who shines more than any piece of gold and silver,

YG.

Oh, that idiot. That stupid stupid idiot.

He sniffled, wiping away the tears but god they just kept streaming down his face endlessly. He dashed into the front of his mirror and rather slowly and hesitatingly put on the necklace, feeling the cool pendant over his skin and shivering.

It kind of helped mollify the distance between them. For now.

His hand closed around the small bouquet of flowers.

You should've given it to me while I could still thank you.

**

College was stressful.

Jimin had said it once, and he will say it again. He'd had to complete just so many assignments and catch up on missed lectures. If he weren't as dedicated to law as he was, he didn't think he'd manage it. As it was, a majority of his professors helped him out when needed, knowing that he'd missed such a lot due to medical issues.

Sometimes, he'd just collapse on bed after he got home, just to wake up hours later and feed himself something to keep himself on borderline healthy. Taehyung was much the same.

Suddenly, with the semester exams creeping up, neither of them had much time on their hands. And Jimin was wonderfully busy ̶ wonderful because he didn't have time to think of his own dilemmas.

July was drawing near and Jimin and Taehyung often found themselves on the opposite ends of the living room, immersed in their own studies.

As the days passed by, it had crept up on Jimin that the 'gang activities' had gotten much more serious. They were often mentioned in news, in papers and sometimes, he'd hear random snippet of conversation from the streets about them. He didn't really pay it much mind, but he couldn't help but notice the sudden increase of guards almost everywhere.

He sighed, flipping a page in the book he was reading. Even his parents had called and told him to be extra cautious.

"Hey, Chim, wanna take a break?" Taehyung waved a hand in front of face, shaking Jimin out of his thoughts. "I'm tired"

Jimin looked at his book and then suddenly decided he'd had enough for the day. "Yeah, cool"