An Angel's Sadness; A Demon's Longing

Start from the beginning

Jimin,

I have been so worried about you, has Yoongi still not taught you how to send a bat?

Speaking of Yoongi, how is he? He will most probably be sick for a couple days and throw up, worst case scenario. I am sorry you are left alone to deal with this, though.

Hoseok told me about the ritual. I cannot believe it was the solution all along. No wonder why we could not find it in books, the spell has long since been forgotten.

On the bright side, I think the count will be over in, perhaps, another two or three days at most. So you must be happy now? Finally being able to go home?

I am eagerly awaiting your reply.

-Seokjin

Fingers clutching the paper, Jimin contemplated how exactly to reply. With his head so messed up, he realized he desperately wanted to talk to someone. He just wanted it gone. It was weird, considering as he opted to not say anything about him dying, but maybe it was because that would affect and burden all of them. This- this was only likely to kill Jimin on the inside.

So he took up a pen, jotting down his mess of emotions (but first, apologizing profusely to the man for not contacting him sooner and thanking him for the chicken), instantly feeling better once he got it off his chest.

Maybe Seokjin would have an answer.

Or maybe his answer would be what Jimin already knows: accept and move on.

With a heavy heart, he sent the reply to Seokjin.

**

"You have been looking a bit under the weather lately"

Jimin's eyes focused on Yoongi's worried face. "It's nothing" he forced out a smile. "I'm fine"

The Reaper took another bite of his dinner, gaze skeptical. "You know you are very bad at lying?"

"Am not" Jimin retorted.

Yoongi hummed, patronizingly.

Jimin shrugged, wearily. "I've a lot on my head, so yeah...."

"Do you perhaps...want to talk about it?"

Looking at the concern in those dark orbs, Jimin wondered if Yoongi would miss him at all. He was being so nice only because of his deeply engrained need to help and amend himself for whatever wrongness he had done, not necessarily because he was attracted to Jimin. Right?

Swallowing down the sudden lump in his throat, Jimin gave a small smile. "No, it's alright"

But it's really not.

I like you. I like you way too much for it to be a temporary thing. And I know I've only known you for like, two months, but I can't help it.

I like you.

After Yoongi had emptied the bowl of rice, Jimin picked up the tray without a word and walked out of the room, ignoring the sudden wave of sadness that crashed over him and missing the sad smile on Yoongi's face.

**

Two days later, Yoongi was out of bed, claiming that he felt marginally better. Jimin still hovered about him though, not as much but just enough to see the truth in Yoongi's words. He did not trust the man to speak honestly about his condition: he was already familiar to Yoongi's ways.