Jimin watched, dread and fear curling up in his stomach, barely breathing. In his periphery vision, he saw one of Yoongi's tightly clenched fists unclench and then clench again as he swallowed down the medicine in measured and slow gulps. Without a second thought, Jimin knelt down by the man and laced his fingers through Yoongi's hand and gently squeezed.

Please be okay.

The three of them waited, the silence almost deafening, as Yoongi calmed down enough to take a deep breath. The erratic heaving of his chest evened out until it didn't look as painful. But his eyes were still tightly shut as if he was barely holding back a scream.

Moments passed in utter silence with just their breathing being the only sound to be heard.

Yoongi squeezed Jimin's hand, as if trying to convey something and Jimin leaned closer, trying not to cry. He never wanted to see Yoongi like this again. Ever. "It's okay. You'll be okay" he whispered, voice thick with emotion. "You're gonna be okay"

A tear slipped past his eye when Yoongi's hold loosened and his hand fell away limply, the sedatives kicking in.

**

The three of them were silent, still processing everything that had happened in the past few minutes alone. Jimin was still kneeling by the couch, knees now a bit sore, staring at the Reaper. He felt like he couldn't take his eyes off the man: he didn't want anything to happen to him. Never again did he want to see Yoongi in so much pain. It was beyond horrible. What was more terrifying was that Jimin just had to stand there, watching Yoongi suffer. He couldn't do anything about it. It made him feel so...helpless and useless.

Unconsciously, his hand flew up to gently skim across the knuckles of Yoongi's hand lying limply off the couch.

Please be okay.

It was Hoseok who broke the silence.

"As much as I hate to say this..." he started, from where he was at the armrest of the couch. "I think I will have to go now"

Jimin's lips curved downwards. He didn't want to stay alone in the cottage. What if Jimin couldn't treat Yoongi correctly? What if he does something wrong to make the man's condition worse? "Why?" he asked, still not taking his gaze off Yoongi.

"Jimin, the count is still going on and...I cannot open portals" the former Seelie sighed. "I will have to walk over barefoot and hope no one sees me"

Just as Jimin opened his mouth to reply, Ryuu beat him to it with a shaky, "What about me?"

The two older men stared at the younger witch. Ryuu's voice was watery. "If the count is still going on, where am I supposed to stay?"

It dawned on Jimin that this boy was frightened and was not doing a very good job at hiding it. That was what made him finally look away from Yoongi. He focused on the younger witch, taking in the glistening eyes and clenched fists and his instinct to comfort took over him. He scooted closer to the boy, giving him a small smile. "This doesn't have to be the end of the world, Ryuu"

"I couldn't even ask him why" his voice cracked on the last word and the boy hung his head low, as of hiding his tears from the other two. "I didn't-I'll never get to know the reason"

"The thing is kid, maybe you are better off without knowing it" Hoseok's voice was firm. "Maybe it was the universe's way of telling you that it is not something you needed to hear and mope over"

"You say that like it's easy to forget" Ryuu scoffed. "But it's not okay? I've worked my ass off to get into that prison for like three years and-" he broke off, rubbing harshly at his eyes. "What am I gonna tell mom?"

DON'T CALL ME ANGEL [YM]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें