An Answer and a Reaping

Start from the beginning

"Yes sir"

"Good, I need you to take me to him" Yoongi turned to Hoseok and Jimin.

"You two go find Draiotch" he said, in a low voice so the guard wouldn't be able to catch it. "It is better of he does not suspect I am associated with you two. I will go with Ryuu to meet his father"

"But how do we know where he is?" Jimin asked, his stomach churning nervously. This was it. He was going to learn a way to get back to home.

"If my guess is right" Yoongi looked at Jimin straight in the eye. "He would be at the top. At the very top"

Hoseok nodded, catching Jimin's attention. "So we split up now?"

Yoongi's lips pursed. "Just one more thing" he almost looked nervous. "Please be mindful of what you promise to him"

Jimin shivered. Draiotch is someone who gives and takes. "Got it"

The Reaper nodded, albeit hesitantly. "Right. Come back here after everything"

Hoseok and Jimin both nodded, watching as Ryuu and Yoongi walked away. Without a word, they both skulked forward, through the dim hallways, passing vacant cells and one or two occupied ones. The men in them looked so...done with life it was honestly saddening. Most of them were looking off to somewhere, blank looks forged on their faces. Jimin dared not to linger his gaze on the prisoners: he felt like their lifelessness would snuff out his hope too.

Wordlessly, Hoseok and Jimin went up the spiraling staircase that kept winding around itself in almost a dizzying manner. In some parts, the staircase branched off to meet more darkened hallways. Trusting Yoongi's gut instinct, the two of them trudged to the highest point.

It was surprising to see that there were so less guards inside. Maybe that's how much they believed in the security system, Jimin idly thought. He was slightly panting as he reached the highest step, pausing his movements to catch his breath.

"This is it?" he breathed out, looking around the deserted hall. It was smaller compared to all the floors they passed.

"I think so. The staircase ends here so..." Hoseok didn't complete the sentence but Jimin got the gist of it. They move forward.

It was more surprising to see that there was only one cell up here, guarded by two men.

The door was a thick metal, with a small window secured with metal bars so guards could look inside. Hoseok took the lead and walked up to the guards.

"We are here on the Warden's orders" Hoseok's voice was steely. "Let us see the prisoner"

The two men looked at each other and then back at Hoseok.

"We have strict orders to not let anyone in unless it's the Warden" one of them monotonously said.

Without missing a beat, Hoseok replied, "The Warden is meeting another prisoner. There has been some issue bought by the council that needs some looking into" Jimin marveled his ability to lie on the spot. Sadly, the two guards didn't seem to buy it. Shit, Jimin swore, We're literally so close. Why why why-

"Look, do you really want the Warden to come up here?" He blurted out in sudden inspiration. "He's going to get cranky if we don't get back to him on time"

The two men once again shared a look that had Jimin nervously biting his lip.

"Very well" one of them held up a key to open the door and Jimin smiled in relief.

The door opened inwards with a creak.

This is it.

Taking a deep breath, Jimin stepped inside, closely followed by Hoseok.