CHAPTER FOUR

Lisa's p.o.v

A miracle came to me at the age of six in the form a furry cat,it came again at the age of sixteen in the form of appa's recovery from the accident,it visited me again at the age of twenty six in the form of a boxy smiled man and it came again but this time, it came earlier,only months after. You are my little miracle that I'll always treasure. My little baby.

___________________________________

  I woke up in the still dark morning and immediately went to check my favourite person. She's still sleeping in the small bassinet next to our bed. We only met two months ago but you surprise me every single day. The soft whimpers you make everytime you whine in hunger, the smiles you showed me unconsciously, and the little fingers curling around mine.

"Are you awake my little baby, you want mommy to hold you love?" I picked her up from the soft bassinet and snuggle her into my arms. She usually wakes up around this hour for feeding. Placing her into my arms, I fed her the little bottle that's been warmed ten minutes ago. The figure next to me turned and tossed around at the noise.

"What's the time?"

"Six thirty, sleep. You have work at nine. Haneul is about to sleep"

"Hmm" He snuggles into my side and continued on sleeping. I checked the sleeping baby and went outside for some fresh coffee.

   Having a newborn is difficult but exciting in a way. She appreciates me more than anyone else. Opening the fridge, I grabbed an apple and poured some milk with the sliced apple into a bowl. This is what you call comfort. Scrolling through Instagram in the quiet moments, I smiled at Chaeyoung's cute posts. That girl really likes food.  The door to our bedroom opened an hour later, my sleepy husband came out with his messy hair and specs.

   Opening my arms, he hugs me and sit beside me on the sofa. We wake up really early since Haneul came. The morning news plays on the background as we cuddle.

"What do you want to have?"

"I ate. Want some oats?"

"Nah, I'm not really hungry"

"Haneul's having her check-up real soon, are you free next week?"

"I'll arrange. Our daughter's growing up so fast"

"Hmm, she was really red when she came"

"I almost fainted when I see how red she is. Remember when Eomma complained since we blocked off guests for two weeks? She was mad. Still brought it up everytime I said that we can't make it to dinner"

"Eomonim is really adorable. You know, I was really scared of getting married because I don't want an apeshit mother in law"

"She's playful and a bit of crazy"

"She's like my Mae"

"I'm glad I got you pregnant"

"Hmm, it was nerve wrecking for me because I'm not too sure if you wanted this. You always said you wanted a graceful girl and I looked at myself, I'm a mess. I wear jeans and hoodies to the cafe"

"You are all I wanted. I've loved you since we first met. In my eyes you are perfect. That's why all my past relationships never really work out, they are not you"

"Haneul is really a miracle, she brought us together"

"Hmm, I don't feel like leaving the two of you. You don't have to stop by the cafe, just stay at home and observe from here"

" My baby fat is coming off but it's really heart when your daughter has a huge appetite that I have to literally pump three bottles a day, that shit was painful"

"She got it from you"

"Nah, last time I checked, you ate two serving of spaghetti. I didn't really have crazy cravings but oh boy, you ate strawberry and ketchup everyday"

"Woman, you ate my fries every single time we went to Mc Donald's" Soft cranky whimpers were heard from the bedroom.

"Your daughter is awake thanks to your loud mouth. Get her please" He nodded and stood up. He came out with a pink cladded small creature. I laughed at the awkward but cute side of their contrast in size.

"Hi baby, good morning love"

"She's cranky and she's hungry. I'll fetch the nursing blanket. I don't get why you are so shy when I've seen literally everything"

"Dude, your daughter is here" I chucked a pillow to his disappearing figure. He came back with the soft yellow blanket and I threw it over my shoulder.

   We watch some news while I feed Haneul. The clock strikes eight and my husband got up from the couch to get ready for work. I picked out his outfit and some boxers with socks because this guy can't even find his own boxers. Placing Haneul in her bassinet,I went to the kitchen.

   I heat up some bulgeogi that I prepared yesterday is a pan and toasted some bread to make sandwich for him to munch on. Scooping some rice into a bento box(we're being eco-friendly) ,some rolled eggs and a ton of bulgeogi. Placing all these including the pj sandwich into his bag. He really loves my cooking. I opened up my cafe through his encouragement and we have opened for six years and still counting.

   He kisses my forehead and Haneul's before going to work with a sad face. I sat on the bed and check my emails in the meantime. I decided to work from home until Haneul hits her hundred days since eomonim said it's bad luck to go to work but I still visit the cafe from time to time. I checked the cctvs and called Bomi unnie to make sure everything is okay.

  The days went off like this and I am happy to be able to spent my every moment with my baby.
___________________________________
A/N: Thanks for reading guys. I'm open to comments and suggestions.