Queen Consort of the Holy Kingdom of Faerghus:

Start from the beginning

It has been nice having her Father at the monastery, he became like Flayn to her a constant presence in her everyday life. Although she wouldn't say that they are completely comfortable with one another, but... Byleth knows that her Father cares.

And unlike Flayn Uncle won't make threats of sending him away over bad behavior or mischief. Although now that Byleth thinks about it, Grandmother could probably do that.

"You alright there Kiddo?" Jeralt asked.

Oh, she spaced off.

"Yeah... Sorry" Byleth murmured "I didn't realize how tired I actually am" she added.

Jeralt shook his head and sighed, "It would help if you went to sleep at normal hours you know" he said "And not wake up before the sun even rises" he added sternly "You're only twelve it's not good for you" Jeralt concluded.

Byleth was silent for a moment, "We have good healers here" she said in rebuttal.

Her Father was silent for a moment, "Alright Kid I think you must be exhausted because that sounded like a joke to me" he said.

Byleth frowned, "I can be funny" she said "Alois thinks I'm funny" she added.

Jeralt sighed and shook his head, "Kid, don't listen to the man who keeps a joke journal" he laughed "Now come on, Lady Rhea would be furious to find out that you were out so late" he said.

Byleth stood there for a moment then followed, he was right Grandmother would be angry to find out she was wandering late at night again.

...

The morning was fairly normal, in a few moons this year's students would leave and the new students would arrive once the new year started.

It was routine at this point to prepare for this.

"Byleth" Flayn called out to her.

She looked up and saw her approaching Byleth in the library.

"Yes?" Byleth replied.

"Lady Rhea wishes to see you," Flayn said.

Dammit.

Someone must have seen her last night, and to think she was so close to getting away with it.

Byleth sighed and shut her book.

Flayn giggled, "Don't tell me you're in trouble again" she said while shaking her head.

Byleth stood up and smoothed the skirt of her dress "One could only assume so" she said and began heading to Grandmother's audience room.

As she walked into the audience chambers, she noticed the lack of the priests and nuns that wished to be in the light that is the Archbishop, damn she must really be in trouble.

"Hello child" Grandmother said in a soft voice with a smile on her face.

She didn't look angry by any means.

"Hello Grandmother" Byleth replied "Flayn said that you requested my presence" she said "Has something happened?".

"Shut the doors please, dear" Grandmother said "This is a private conversation, I don't want to risk prying ears".

Byleth nodded and did as told then returned to her Grandmother, "This must be serious, I suppose?" she asked.

Lady Rhea laughed, "Not really, Child" she said "It's a good thing if anything" she added.

Byleth tilted her head in confusion, "What is it?" she asked.

"We will be receiving a visit tonight," Grandmother said.