She was luckier then I was and seemed to not have hit anything. She got back up immediately and started running to Margaret again before the witch held a hand up. Mary stayed running in one place, incapable to push through the invisible force. The witch's back was still to us.

"What have you done with my friends you bitch?!" Mary growled and pushed every ounce of herself into getting past that shield. I finally stood and tried pushing with her but it was no use. Eventually witch dropped her hand and Mary and I dropped to the floor, making the witch chuckle again. We immediately scrambled to our friends and were finally able to reach them. Mary went to Margaret and I went to James.

"Are you alright, James?" I asked gently placing a hand on his shoulder.

"Yes, I'm alright." I tried to drown out Mary and Margaret's conversation and just focus on James. He really needed it. "But something's horribly wrong with Margaret and she won't talk to me, she won't even touch me...it's like the very sight of me hurts her now." I took a quick glance at Margaret. She was weeping uncontrollably, shaking her head and speaking incomprehensibly as Mary hushed her and stroked her face. I put a firm hand on James's neck and looked strongly into his eyes.

"We will find out what's happening, and when we do everything will be alright."

"Are you so sure of that Mr. Algrenon?" The witch said, finally turning around. How the hell did she know my last name?

She's a witch hah, stupid question.

"What do you mean?" I asked trying to hide the fear in my voice.

"Nothing ever turns out alright, dear." She said putting finger quotes around the word alright. "Haven't you figured that out yet? You all have had some emotionally scarring things happen to you in the past and you still have hope...sickening." She slowly started walking towards us, her body moving like a snake. "What's one more curse?" And with that statement she cackled so loud the whole house shook. My heart caught in my throat, blocking the words I attempted to scream at her.

"Why us?!" Mary yelled. The strength in her tone was astonishing. "Why the hell would you choose to band together a random group of people just so you could teach us your sick life lessons?!"

"Because of you're parents, you little brat!" The witch hissed at Mary and walked closer. "I used to be one of your Father's closest friends...in fact, I...I thought he loved me." She quickly turned away, cracking her knuckles and stretching her neck. "Anyway, after he married your whore of a mother-"

"MY MOTHER IS MORE OF A WOMAN THAN YOU WILL EVER BE!" Mary's scream was so demon-like it made the hair on my arms and neck stand up. She tried getting up and attacking the witch, but the witch simply blocked her off with her magic shield. Mary fell hard in the ground and I tried to help her up but she shook me off and reassured me that she was okay.

"I wasn't finished." The witch rolled her wrists around in circles and proceeded to circle us with snake-like movement. "Then they had you and their happiness made me so sick and angry that my hair grew white and my beautiful face withered away. So I returned to them when you were about twelve and said I would kill you if your mother didn't die within the next two years. And so your father went on a journey to find someone to reverse the curse, but when he got back it was too late. Your mother killed herself to protect you and you went off to take care of yourself and found her." She pointed at Margaret.

I looked over at Mary as tears rolled down her cheeks.

"My father is alive?" She whispered.

"Unfortunately, yes. He still lives in your old little cottage, but no matter." She walked to the little table by the chair by the fire and put the tips of her fingers into a little wooden bowl. The witch rubbed them together vigorously until a little spark went off between her three main fingers of each hand. "You won't be able to find him where I'm sending you." She started slithering towards us again. "You think your bond of love and friendship is so damn strong? Just watch yourselves forget about each other in the blink of an eye." The witch clapped her hands together and looked at us wildly, licking her lips.

"Oh, and Thomas." I looked up at her, my stomach in my throat. "I'd take a good look at Mary. You won't be seeing her or remembering her for quite some time..."

"You can't do this you haggety old bitch!" Mary screamed and unsheathed her sword, ready to attack again.

"Oh, but my dear," she turned to me and looked me dead in the eye. For a terrifying moment, everything froze. "I'm doing it right now."

She snapped her fingers and everything went black.

After what seemed like hours later, I felt wet, soggy ground beneath me. A bed of seaweed perhaps. I opened my eyes to look at my surroundings and noticed I was on a lovely beach. White sand, gorgeous blue-green waters, not a cloud in the sky. Unfortunately I had a terrible headache, and a seemingly important name was trying to fight its way out of my mouth, but I couldn't remember...all I know is it was a woman's name...and every time I blinked a beautiful face would flash like lightning across my eyelids.