Chapter 11

Thomas's POV

Though I hate to admit it, yes I cried.

A lot.

Many times.

But mostly in front if my sister. She's the only one I can really trust with these things. I sat on one of her red velvet chairs and buried my face in my hands.

"What am I supposed to do, Anya?" I tried to keep my voice from cracking. "The woman I love is in jail, and she's going to be executed tomorrow..."

"Just get her out." She said taking a minute to pause from her painting to answer me.

"You say that like its easy...father would kill me."

"Listen, Thomas..." Anya walked across the room to wash off her paintbrush. "If you love someone, you're going to have to make sacrifices."

"Well, I know that..." I sniffled and wiped my eyes with the back of my hand.

"And if you want to get her out, you're going to need a plan before tomorrow." She took off her paint stained smock and sat on the couch beside me.

"Alright..." I said, my eyes finally dry. "What did you have in mind?"

Two hours later, we had a plan.

"How will we be able to pull that off?" I asked, leaning over the coffee table.

"It will work, trust me. You just need to see the witch. You know, the one that gave you the ring." She said from across the table.

"What? She'll kill me for sure for even coming within twenty feet of her home."

"She's the only one that would be able to help. She's the only one who can reverse that curse you were talking about."

"Ugh, fine." I stood up and snatched the plan off the table. "But if I die, it's on you." I pointed at her playfully and she rolled her eyes.

"One more thing..." She stood and walked over to me. "You're going to need to bring Mary with you."

"Well that just makes things a thousand times more difficult. How do you know these things?"

"I see the witch for spirit readings sometimes...don't tell father." I ran my fingers through my hair. "I know what kind of work she does, and she's let me borrow a few books. You're going to need Mary to break the curse."

"Well how am I supposed to get her out of there?"

"You go to your rooms and think about that." Anya started pushing me towards the door. "I want to talk to Mary." I raised an eyebrow at her.

"You're not going to embarrass me are you?"

"Noooo no no of corse not. Now leave, I have to find David and request Mary's presence." And god knows I did not want to be in the same room as David.

"Alright...but let me know when you're done. It's about a days ride and I need to take my leave relatively soon." Before I knew it I was outside her door.

"Of corse, of corse, an hour at most. Now go get ready." Anya closed the door and I slowly walked down the stairs. It was quite a walk to my room. I turned the corner at the bottom of the stairs and walked up another two flights to get to my door. Doing this all my life made it easy. I opened the door and walked strait into my bedroom. I slumped on the bed with a grunt. How the hell am I supposed to handle this? An image played in my head of Dav...Daniel and I washing our horses before we left to find Mary. "You could make her a little early birthday present for yourself", he said. In all the commotion I had completely forgotten that my birthday was five days ago. I could still play off of that.