EPILOGUE

Epilogue

“Don’t you even think about it, Bret.” I pulled him away from the plate of cookies that sat on the counter. I bent down to his height and stated that they were not for him.

“Those are for later when your friends get here.” Bret’s chubby face turned into a pout and he ran off to, no doubt, cause more ruckus elsewhere.

“Boo!” Leon grasped my waist from behind me and made me jump. I spun around and smiled at him.

“Welcome home, love.” I fixed his hood which forever seemed to be flipping inside out.

“Can you believe Bret is turning five today? It only seems like yesterday when you and I decided we could not part from one another.” Leon was watching Bret play with his new puppy. I smiled, knowing all too well what he meant. Leon noticed the cookies and reached for one, but I slid in front of him and pushed the plate from his reach.

“Uh uh. For the party.” Leon frowned.

“I guess I’ll just have to find my own snack.” Leon pulled me into a deep, sensual kiss that left me wanting more when he eventually pulled away. Leon walked over to Bret and began playing with the puppy too. How I had gotten so lucky, I would never figure out. Hiding the cookies in the cabinet, I made my way over to my amazing family. My Adventure had only just begun.