8. You're Just Explaining

Start from the beginning

"It's a secret," you called through the barrier to him, walking back over to Penguin who looked rather nervous.

"He can be really stubborn you know," Penguin warned. "He'll figure out a way to find out."

You smiled, waving him off. "He won't find out, don't worry about it."

--

"You guys can't be serious."

You looked down at the two lazy guys who decided to stay inside and who haven't even got up out of their beds yet. You hadn't seen either of them since yesterday when Penguin went to join Shachi in their room. Apparently they've been sleeping since eleven last night. It was almost noon the next day.

"We're tired, we had to clean the ship the other day you know," Shachi argued

"It's a small submarine, it can't be that hard," you commented.

"You'd think that," Penguin spoke up. "But it's a lot harder then it looks."

"Come on guys! You've been sleeping for thirteen hours, you're so stubborn and lazy! Get up, it's gorgeous outside!" You said, opening their blinds.

They both groaned, pulling their blankets up to hide their faces. "It's to bright!"

"Okay never mind, you know what, you guys are hopeless," you caved, leaving their room and shutting the door behind you.

"I'll just go do something myself, there has to be something going on around here I can do," you muttered, walking down the halls towards the elevator.

Getting in the contraption, you hit the main level button and started to descend down. The small place had mirrors for walls, along with the ceiling as you looked up to see your own face staring down. You made a mental note to take the stairs next time. This was kind of creepy.

Finally hearing it stop, the doors slowly opened for you to see the opposite side of the room, where the second elevator almost in sync opened with yours. You smiled, seeing someone step out of the elevator and make eye contact with you; once realizing it was you though, quickly turning away and walking towards the door.

"Hey, Law!" You called, running after him until you had made it to his side. "Where're you going?"

"To check on repairs," he answered shortly, continuing forward. "You're not welcomed to tag along."

"Why not? I don't have anything else to do and you're all by yourself," you pointed out.

"I prefer that."

You sighed. "Well I'm not leaving anyway. I want to go with you so that what I'm gonna do."

"Really?" He mumbled. "How stubborn."

You laughed little, think of how moments ago you were saying the same thing to Shachi and Penguin. "Thanks, I can be sometimes."

Ignoring your random laugh, he just continued on out of the hotel and towards where the shipwrights were working.

"So what're you going to do while we wait for the repairs to be done with?" You asked, breaking the silence. You never did like silence.

"Catch up on some work," he answered, still not looking at you. "I haven't had the time lately, so this'll be perfect."

"Boo!" You called, giving a thumbs down. "No way! That sounds so boring!"

You saw his nose twitch in annoyance. "That's only a matter of personal opinion."

"Well I guess, but you can't do work the whole time you're here. You should spend time with your friends," you suggested.

"Are you insinuating that we're friends? Or are you excluding yourself from that statement," he asked, glancing down at you.

You avoided his gaze and looked forward. Did you consider you two friends? He was, well, him. A well known pirate. Though even if he could be annoying and cold majority of the time, you could tell he cared for his crew a lot. Maybe he isn't everything you've heard about him.

"I'm including myself, why? You don't think we're friends?" You decided to say.

"No, you're just a girl those two idiot picked up," he replied harshly, almost to quickly. "We're not friends, don't get the wrong idea."

You frowned, a little hurt at his answer. You really didn't expect a good one, but still hearing it hurt somehow.

"Awh, that's not nice! Come on, I bet if you gave me a chance we could be friends!" You said, not even realizing what you were saying anymore. You didn't know why you wanted for Law to be friends with you so bad, but you couldn't exactly take back your words now.

"You'd be leaving anyway, it's pointless," he muttered, a small frown present on his lips.

"So if I wasn't leaving, we could be friends?" You asked happily.

"But you are," he said, still not answering your question. "Wait here."

You shrugged, watching Law walk off to talk to the man from the other day. You still smiled, thinking on what he said, or more so didn't say.

"I don't really know what it is about him," you muttered to yourself, watching him talk with the man. "But I'm not leaving until I hear him say we're friends!"

You couldn't stop smiling, thinking of all the ways of how you could break the icy exterior of Trafalgar Law. A lot of options came to your head, ones which you'd make sure to use. You needed something to do while you were with these guys anyway, right?

"This is going to be fun."