Making A Deal

A Debt Worth Living ~ Making A Deal

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chatper One

Agreeing to a life Juliet never imagined was the scariest thing she could have done at the young at of 18. Juliet just finished school and still, very much so, felt like a teenager. She has done everything right, not once has she been in trouble. Not once has she let her parents down so why does everything go wrong after she graduates? Juliet was cleaning the living room from all the gun shots. Bullets were everywhere and her heart raced each time she picked one up. These bullets were aimed at her and her family by the orders of one ruthless man she said yes to. Vince Germani is one of the most ruthless Italian billionaire known around entire Europe and he was coming here for her.

She shook off her fright as she picked up more bullets from the ground. Her mother was resting in her room. She was grazed by a bullet on her shoulder and it scared Juliet knowing that if her mother was just a bit closer to the pantry door, she would never have the chance to see her again. Her mother insisted to help her clean from the other side of the house but Juliet persisted for her to rest. Her mother was exhausted and so was she yet she forced herself into cleaning the mess so she wouldn't be able to see what just happened. Juliet knew that no matter how well she cleaned, this traumatic event wouldn't erase from her memory. As Juliet continued, her father was upstairs trying to find a way out. There wasn't another way! She agreed to be his for the sake of her family. The only other way out was paying back the millions her father owed. Juliet knew herself even if her father somehow manage to get the money by the time he arrives to claim her, the situation was different now. No amount of money given to Vince would satisfy him as long as he had her. Vince Germani doesn't go back on his words once he has given them and he gave her his terms. The same terms as to why there were still men all around her house securing it.

They weren't just out there to make sure no harm comes to her. Vince Germani had a lot of enemies being the top business man in all Europe, he made sure the men were place outside her home so she couldn't go back on her word. If she tried to escape, his men would kill her parents and hunt her down and give her to him bruised and beaten on a silver platter. Juliet was sure of it too.

When Juliet picked up a glass shard, the sharpness of the angle she held on to had cut her hand. She was sure it hurt yet she couldn't feel it. Her adrenaline was still as strong as before and she doesn't believe it would go away. She crouch down and squeeze onto the glass shard as more blood leaked from her wound. She put her head on her arms as she let out more tears she has been holding. Juliet didn't care if those men out there saw her crying, she didn't care if they thought she was just a cry baby. She had every right to cry her eyes out and she didn't give a damn what any one thinks. Her life was at stake, her family's life was at stake. All for god damn paper money. Juliet's anger kicked in more than ever as she marched to her fathers study forgetting about her wound. Her father was crying at his desk as paper was thrown everywhere. He looked defeated. He was just as upset with himself, maybe even more so.

"Why did you borrow money from him!?" She yelled.

Geraldo look at his daughter, his beautiful daughter. He loved her more than anyone in the world and he just lost her to a man he would never trust her with. He was ashamed at himself for letting the debts pile up this high, he thought he had everything under control and he knew that one day he would have to pay up. Geraldo just didn't know that this was how it was going to end. If he was a ruthless father than he would've just gave her to him but he wasn't. He was definitely the perfect father figure in his daughter's eyes and he was sure he wasn't anymore. He was no worst than a murderer if he easily handed his daughter to him. Geraldo hated himself for what he has done and he was sure Emily, his wife, hated him more than anything. He felt he had failed at being a husband to his wife and being a father to his daughter. He had risk his daughter life the moment he borrowed money. Juliet's life has no meaning once she would leave his arms. What can he do now for her sake was only to gamble his life in place of hers. Geraldo knew Vincent wouldn't take the trade, he was useless to Vincent but why was his daughter the right trade?