Magic and Potions

Start from the beginning

"How about this- I buy you a pet and in return, you work with me in my shop"

Jimin considered this.

"Deal"

Just like that- Jimin became an owner to a kitten and it was not neon yellow, thank you very much.

Jimin was so infatuated with the tiny creature that he in fact, completely forgot that he was living under someone else's roof at the moment. Reality hit him in the face when Hoseok shrieked shrilly upon seeing the kitten, who Jimin had named Mochi in a moment of sudden inspiration.

Jimin winced at the high note Hoseok hit, almost sure that he could break the glasses in his own house.

"What-" the seelie panted, terrified. "-is that?"

Jimin was close to laughing at the frightened Seelie. "It's a cat" he tried his best to not burst out with laughter.

Hoseok scowled, not at all amused. "I know that but what-" he took a deep breath. "-is it doing here?"

"Seokjin bought it for me" Jimin shrugged.

"Oh he did did he not?" Hoseok's seethed as he glared at the taller male who was poorly succeeding in hiding his laughter. "I suppose he conveniently forgot to mention that I am in fact, scared to death of cats?"

"Yeah he kind of did" the human agreed, lips stretching upwards despite his best efforts to not laugh. "Come on, Hoseok, the cat is harmless. Look" he held out the small kitten who meowed in response to it being shifted and Hoseok shrieked again.

"Oh hold your horses, you damn coward" Seokjin exasperatedly commented. "That thing cannot harm you"

"Mochi" Jimin softly corrected, caressing the adorable thing in his palms, completely smitten for the grey coated kitten. "His name is Mochi"

The three of them fell into a neither uncomfortable nor comfortable silence as they watched Mochi open his eyes sleepily, only to yawn and go back to sleep again.

Jimin shifted around as gently as possible, so as not to awaken Mochi, as he turned to face Seokjin.

"Hey,Seokjin" He began hesitatingly, wondering if this was a good idea in any aspect, or of he was just intentionally making himself spiral down a hole of homesickness again. "Do you- do you know how my...parents are?"

The witch seemed taken aback at the question.

"Well, Yoongi thought that it would be a good idea if they had a body to know that you have not been kidnapped or anything" Hoseok replied for him. "So we- well Seokjin, managed to magic up an optical illusion of you and somehow convince your friends and family that you were merely in a comatose situation" he was grinning, but it didn't seem genuine- his eyes weren't twinkling with his usual sparkle whenever he was sincerely happy.

Jimin, however, felt his heart swell with gratitude.

His parents didn't have the stress of worrying about Jimin being kidnapped and being held for ransom.

At least they were convinced that Jimin was still on Earth.

"Thank you" he mumbled, unable to convey just how much this meant to him. The fact that his friends and family weren't under the stress of him being abducted- he'd been so worried at how it would affect their mentality and daily lives. At the back of his mind he was always worried about how Namjoon would undoubtedly try to blame himself, because that was just his nature, about Jimin's disappearance saying that he should've done a better job of taking them home. He had been worrying about his parents being disoriented and lost and being worried sick about the endless dark possibilities about Jimin's sudden disappearing. "Thank you so much. I-" He tried to sum up his feelings of thankfulness into the right words.