Rescue

You're sitting at school doing your work, listening to the teacher talk, listening to the sound of people laughing at something stupid. You were not paying attention, you were mentally far far away. A loud thud against the door jerks you out of your thoughts.

Everyone went silent almost instantly. They all just stared at the door. The teacher slowly made her way towards the door. She opened the door to reveal a blonde headed beauty, but he was holding tragedy in his hands.

"Who are you?" She muttered as she kept a safe distance.

"Tate." You whisper under your breath. You dropped you eyes to the ground.

"I'm going to take her with me." He pushed himself into the room as everyone scooted away. He grabbed my arm pulling me from my seat b

"No" shouts the teacher. She was too scared to move any closer.

"Then I will kill everyone in here." Tate started pointing the gun at random kids. They all huddled together.

"You can't take her." The teacher started to argue.

"Watch me!" Tate picks you up and runs out of the class room. No one even bothered to run after you.

"Tate Langdon!" You scolded him as you jerked out of his arms. "What were you thinking? Do you realize how much trouble you are gonna be in? This is going to destroy you." He lowered his eyes in disappointment. "Why did you do this? Why?" You were so angry with him.

"You told me the people here were mean to you, i thought i could be mean to them. Maybe they would start to care." He was tearing up, you wiped away the few tears that fell.

"I appreciate the thought, but you can't do this." He nodded, he never raised his head. "Let's get you out of here before anyone else sees you." You grabbed his hand as you pulled him down a maze of hallways.

You busted through an emergency exit door causing an alarm to sound. You both stopped for a minute in shock before you ran.

"The woods. " Tate directed as he pulled you along. He buried his gun under leaves at the edge of the woods. "Follow me!" he leads you deep in the woods

You were trying your best to keep up with him but he was so fast. "Tate my legs are tired." You started to complain as you slowed down.

"Come here." He stopped allowing you to catch up, then he puts you on his back.

"(Y/N), do you have any music on your phone?" He asked as he continued on.

"Yeah."

"Can we listen to music then?" he asked. "It might make this journey easier."

"Sure." You grab your phone out of your back pocket. You began to scroll through your playlist.

"Nirvana?" He asked to listen to Nirvana all the time. You hummed in response. "Turn it on then please."

Come as you are, as you were
As I want you to be
As a trend, as a friend
As a known enemy

Come as you are - Nirvana

You and Tate have been walking for what felt like hours and you have no clue where you're at. You were lost in the miles of trees.

"Tate?" You said his name to pull his attention to you.  "Where are we?"

"Almost there." He said as he sighed.

"Are you tired?"

"A little." He said softly.

"Then put me down." He shook his head, he was so stubborn. "Why?" You asked.

"Then you'll get tired." He argued back with you.

"It's okay Tate." He nodded as he placed you on the ground and grabs your hand. You finally come to a stop, when you notice you're at Tate's house, the murder house.

"Tate what are we doing here?" You asked. You loved Tate, but his house didn't let off a welcoming vibe.

"Well, I figured you could stay." He smiled. "Maybe just for a couple hours or maybe the night." You nodded.

"I've gotta call my mom." You turn off the music to you call your mom and tell her your staying at your friends house.

"Can you stay?" You nodded as he smiled softly. "She doesn't know that-"

"No" you cut him off. Your mom never really approved of Tate, neither did your dad. "Tate, I love you." You said holding his face in your hands.

" I love you too (Y/N)"

You and Tate walk inside and head up to his room. You both lay on his bed. He strokes your hair softly.

"(Y/N)?" You hummed in response. "Why?"

"Why what?" You pulled your head off his chest.

"Those scars," he pointed to the scars that lined up your wrists.

"I don't know" you shrugged as you lowered your sleeve. "It's fine, Tate" Tate starts to tear up at the thought of you hurting yourself. "Don't cry." You pleaded. You couldn't stand to see him cry. "I'm okay." You shot him a small but reassuring smile.

"No!" He yells as the tears fall down his face.
"You were hurting and I wasn't there." He croaked out

"You cant always be there Tate." You said bluntly. "I'm fine now, I'm with you." You say as you wipe his tears away. You and him gaze at each other for a few seconds.

"Can i take you somewhere?" He asked as you held his hands inside your hands. You nodded.
"Follow me." You nodded before taking his hand in yours.