Yes, it is for you

-Meghan Bates

For a moment there was no reply, then a few minutes. She had cornered the sender, who would be currently trying to figure out what that meant.

She dressed herself in an evening strap gown, royal blue in color, she settled for a messy bun and diamond studs and paired the look with black stilettos. She grabbed her clutch and left her apartment. She was in no mood to drive today, so she had pre booked a cab who was already waiting by her door step. The first thing she decided to do being hands free was give Wilson a call, he needed to know about the text.

''Meghan, love'', she could hear him punch codes to his penthouse.

''Wilson, I got another text, this time I've made sure to reply him back'', she revealed.

''That's alright mi amor, we are not letting him go, I've already informed my men to track him down through his messages, we're going to get him and I'm making sure he is in no situation to type a message anymore'', he replied coolly as if they were talking about the weather. On any other day she would have been daunted by his coldness but now she knew how he felt about her and that keeping her safe was like a drug to him.

''I just thought I needed to tell you, I'll be there soon'', she hung up, feeling better after their chat.

Ross had surpassed himself, crisp autumn serenade and oysters with bacon mignonelle for starters, roast beef tenderloin with cograz butter, carrot mash with crème fraiche, shredded brussel sprouts with shallots for entrée and triple chocolate cheese cake for dessert. The buffet was spread across one end of the dining hall and on the other end there was an expensive display of wine.

''I thought you said this was a small get together'', Caleb shrugged seeing the arrangement.

''Why it still is Caleb'', Wilson's eyes were hooked to the elevator waiting for Meghan.

''No, spill, what is it you are planning on doing, because this is definitely no ordinary family gathering'', he snapped Wilson out of his gaze at the elevator.

Wilson fetched a tiny red box with Cartier inscribed on it in gold, he opened the box for Caleb to see.

It was a solitaire ring, a flawless single diamond in the center with a lustered white gold band. Caleb shot a look at Wilson to confirm what he was thinking and Wilson slightly shrugged.

''Holy fucking Jesus Christ, you're proposing her tonight, that's what it is you player, this explains the lavish spread for tonight'', Caleb pulled Wilson into a tight hug not letting him go for an entire minute or so.

''What is it you boys are talking about'', Susanne was quick to catch their bromance, her eyes widened in awe when she saw the red box in Wilson's hands.

''Oh my god, Wilson is proposing'', she screamed diverting everyone's attention towards them. Wilson slapped his palm to his forehead.

''You couldn't get any louder could you'', he looked at her in irritation.

''Oh, screw you, what makes you think you would get away without filling me on the details'', she laughed.

The elevator dinged and all eyes turned towards it expecting Meghan but it was Steve. He was panting heavily, his eyes giving everything away.

'Meghan, please tell me she's here'', his shirt was sweat ridden, his body radiating tension.

''What, no she never made it here'', Wilson could feel his world collapse around him.

''We should call the cops'', Steve was pacing around the living room not knowing what more to say.

''No'', Wilson and Caleb said in unison, all eyes darted towards them.

Chapter 38 is up! I know, I know this chapter, but when did I ever promise it to not be a roller coaster ride

Chapter 38 is up! I know, I know this chapter, but when did I ever promise it to not be a roller coaster ride. Don't forget to vote, comment and share💜