Once we board the Hogwarts Express, Hermione runs up to me, Harry and Ron quickly behind her. "I've figured out how Rita Skeeter has been listening in on our conversations . . . bugging."

"Isn't hugging only used in the muggle world?" I ask Hermione curiously.

"Not electronic bugs," Hermione tells me. "Rita Skeeter is an unregistered Animagus. She can turn into a beetle. I caught her on the windowsill in the hospital wing," She boasts proudly, showing us a jar with a beetle in it.

Harry's face lights up with realization. "There was a beetle on the statue the night we heard Hagrid telling Madame Maxine about his mum!"

"When we saw Malfoy under the tree . . ." Ron begins slowly, his face filled with realization as well.

"He was talking to her, in his hand," I say, the pieces of the puzzle all coming together. "That's how she's been getting all those interviews with the Slytherins!They wouldn't care that she was doing something illegal, as long as they were giving her horrible stuff about you three and Hagrid."

"Very clever, Granger," Malfoy says, coming to us with Crabbe and Goyle behind him. "You caught some pathetic reporter, and Potter's Dumbledore's favorite boy again. Big deal."

Malfoy looks at the four of us. "Trying not to think about it, are we? Trying to pretend it hasn't happened?" He asks us teasingly.

"Get out," I tell the three of them angrily.

"You've picked the losing side, Potter! I warned you! I told you you ought to choose your company more carefully, remember? When we met on the train, first day at Hogwarts? I told you not to hang around riffraff like this!" He jerks his head to Ron and Hermione. "Too late now, Potter! They'll be the first to go, now the Dark Lord's back! Mudbloods and Muggle lovers first! Well — second — Diggory was the fir —"

Just then, it was as if a box of fireworks had exploded. Malfoy, Crabbe, and Goyle lay unconscious in the doorway.

"Thought we'd see what those three were up to," Fred murmurs, stepping over Goyle and into the compartment.

Ron, Harry, and George kick the unconscious bodies of Malfoy, Crabbe, and Goyle out into the corridor before rolling the compartment door shut.

"So," I ask the twins after they set up a game of exploding snaps. "Are you ever going to tell us who you were blackmailing?" I ask curiously.

"Oh . . . that," George says slyly. "If you really want to know . . . it was Ludo Bagman."

"Bagman?" Harry asks. "Are you saying he was involved in —?"

"Nah, nothing like that. Stupid git. He wouldn't have the brains. You remember the bet we had with him at the Quidditch World Cup? About how Ireland would win, but Krum would get the snitch?" Fred asks Harry, Hermione and Ron.

"Yeah," Ron says slowly.

"Well, the git paid us in leprechaun gold he'd caught from the Irish mascots. It vanished. By next morning, it was gone!" George finishes.

The Hogwarts Express comes to a halt as it reaches King's Cross Station. The Weasleys and Hermione clear out, stepping over Malfoy, Crabbe, and Goyle's unconscious bodies. Harry gives the twins his Galleons from winning the tournament — which the twins gladly accept after Harry insists.

"Er — Amelia? I haven't asked you this, but, are you okay? You know, after everything that has happened. I know he was your friend," Harry asks me solemnly.

"Actually, I think I am okay," I tell Harry truthfully.

Harry nods. "You sure?"

I smile softly. "I'm sure. Have a great Summer, will you? I'll see you next year," I tell him.

"You as well, Amelia," He says, smiling. With that, he exits the train and runs off after Hermione and the Weasleys.

I turn to the unconscious Draco, Crabbe, and Goyle in front of me. Reluctantly, I pull Draco's arm and force him to awake from unconsciousness.

"Get up, you big ol' git. We have a long Summer ahead of us," I tell him.

And with that, the two of us exit the train.

Hi!! So I FINALLY finished year four 🥺 My heart kinda hurts but it's okay.

Also we got 3 votes woot woot

QOTC: How did you enjoy Amelia's first year at Hogwarts? Did you like it?