Chapter 5: Promises were made

Начните с самого начала

"Mourn; to feel or express grief, of someone's death or an unfortunate event.."

He mourned. He cried. Cried in grief, in anger, in confusion.

He hit the floor as the stream of tears rolled down his face. He yelled till his throat was dry. He cried until his eyes were bloodshot and there were no more tears left.

He snapped at every soul and body that tried to talk to him. He ignored every voice trying to calm him down. He slapped away every hand that extented out to help.

It was understandable. Wouldn't you also do the same if the love of your life was laying dead right in front of your eyes? If the person you spent the most time with, who you wanted to spend your life with, was no longer with you?

Once again, the same pain came back creeping in. The same pain he had suffered through, 16 years prior. The same pain that broke him forever. The same pain that separated him and his soulmate, for who had guessed how long.

He felt helpless once again. He felt as if the ground was snatched from under his feet, once again. He was shattered, once again. He had broken their promise.. Once again..

It was the nightmare that he wished he would never have to live through again, but there he was, breaking apart at the sight in front of him.

"I promised... I would find you again if you left me.." His voice trembled as he got these words out of his throat, somehow. "Wei Ying.. I'm coming to you"

The last words everyone in the room heard, from the great Huanguan jun, before the man himself grabbed his Bichen from the floor and before anyone could do anything, the sword was through his heart.

Panic taking over everyone in the room, they ran towards the young Lan but as soon as they checked his pulse, it was too late, he had already joined his soulmate in heaven.

The death of two men, the great Huanguan jun and his partner Yiling Patriarch, had left everyone in shock, confusion and greif.

Everyone present there; Lan Xichen, Jiang Cheng, Lan Qiren, Nei Huaisang, Wen Ning, everyone, was beyond shocked and hurt.

They couldn't do anything.

The Lans' couldn't save their blood-relative.

The other two sect leaders couldn't save their sworn brother.

The Ghost General couldn't save both of his close companions.

No one could do anything. They were all the most helpless beings in existence, as of now.

How would they tell the juniors without them; the juniors, possibly having breakdowns?

With what heart would they hold the funeral?

With what heart were they going to accept the reality, what fate had brought?

No one could even bare a thought at this time, all they could do was stand there and look at the bodies lying dead in front of them, with teary eyes and broken hearts.

As expected, the time came. For them to tell the juniors; Jin Ling, Lan Jingyi, Lan Sizhui and the others, what had happened.

At hearing the news, all the juniors had broken down crying.

Jin Ling locked himself inside his room, crying his eyes out. Though he was not close with his uncle that much, he still felt this pain in his heart that he could not describe.

Lan Sizhui, or might we say, A-Yuan was in the possibly worst condition.
H

e refused to eat, drink, sleep and stayed in his room crying, for the two days till when the funeral was held.

Who wouldn't be like that, in a situation like this? Where you've lost both of your parental like figures in just a day.

Lan Jingyi had it like Sizhui but a bit less might we say. He was taking care of himself to say the least, he had to. He was beyond worried about Sizhui. The Lan who was one of the best disciples and always logical, was now in this condition.

At last, after two days, the funeral was held. They all stood there, looking at the, now buried, lovers' graves. The air was thick as little sobs could be heart from the junions.

The Yunmeng sect leader, Jiang Cheng was busy comforting his nephew while Jingyi and Lan Xichen were trying to calm down the crying mess, Sizhui.

He was on the floor, on his knees, his head hung low as he cried his heart out. He felt as if he had already witnessed death. The pain was unbearable, but he knew he would have to contain himself from doing something stupid.

"Sizhui.. Let's go home, it's getting late.. We can visit them later, whenever you like" Lan Xichen said in a soft tone, patting the younger's shoulder, following his own sentence with a small smile.

A-Yuan got up from the floor, brushing the dirt off his robes and taking a last look at the graves, specifically Wei Wuxian's.

'Once, you were the one pretending to put me underground as if I were a radish..

Now we're the one's putting you underground so you can rest in peace...

Ge.. Rest in peace.. I'll miss you'

He thought as he finally turned around and joined the others in leaving the cemetery, his heart still longing for the love of his two parental like figures.

Taking a last, small glance at their grave, a small smile made its way to his face, mouthing the words 'I love you' while a tear slipped down his cheek.

"The shadows crept
And I still believed you'd save me
But you laid there and slept
A forever sleep that would break me

The promises we kept
The promises we broke
But you had just left;
me alone, to cope

Cope with the pain?
Cope with the reality
Your life had left such a stain
I could never erase the reality

Life is a hurdle
You were my hope
When I felt like a burden,
You were my only way to cope

The shadows crept in
And I still believed you'd save me
But you laid there and slept
A forever sleep that would break me."

~End of Chapter 5~