Chapter 1

This is my first time coming to a collague's family funeral ceremony. The youngest daughter of Earl Chapman died from an illness. I heard this child hasn't been debuted even though her age already 20 years old.

Very unlucky.

But it's still a better choice rather than have to suffer.

Actually, I don't really want to come to this kind of occasion, its remind me of 'her'. But still, I'm coming because the Earl family is on 7th prince fraction so I need to give a good impression.

The moment I step on the stairs, I felt strange. I glanced back to my companion behind me who is a high priest in disguise. He came with me because of some stuff so I just bring him along. Don't know if he can give his blessing to the dead person.

My friend, the High Priest, Reeve, staring at me. He give me 'I know. I also feel it' expression.

Arrived at the door, the strangeness that I felt become so real. The atmosphere become so silent like a graveyard and the audiences just like a statue. I wonder what happened and so, I follow their eyes.

What is this that I saw?

The dead, was standing in front of the altar. Her white dress swinging around, make her so unreal. Like an ethereal being. The white skin is in contrast with her straight dark purple hair, glimmering under the moonlight. I stared unconsciously until Reeve nudged my arm.

'Don't be absent-minded. Don't talk. Just observe..... Don't panic too.' Reeve whisper to me.

I only give him a confuse look and he stared back to the woman. Why do I had to panic? I'm not a young girl.

The woman slowly turned her back and I saw her face clearly. She was walking like on the catwalk. Everyone rendered speechless while staring at her.

She was the kind of girl that women love to hate. She had that movie star look, not overly tall and willowy, but more like an action star. Her muscle definition was perfect and she walked with the confidence of someone a decade older. She wasn't just flawless in her bone structure, her skin was like silk over glass and she radiated an intelligent beauty. Her indifference face made me goosebumps.

Then she held her step, right in line with me. I can felt my heart stop a beat. Our eyes met. I stared at her, she stared at me. Not too long, she whispered something with her mouth. Until I regained my focus that I realized she already walked out.

Even when I am in the carriage, I didn't speak at all. Only Reeve that have an eye brow up when he looked at me. He asked me what happened and I only gave him a silent look before averting my eyes to the window.

It feels weird. The moment my eyes have a contact with her, I can feel something sharp scratching my heart. Not a soft one, but its like a beast that want to eat its prey. I only felt a lot of hatred from her eyes. I don't know if I happen crossing with her before and provoke her. I don't remember.

Right after entering the mansion.

Impatiently Reeve push me to sit on the nearest chair and asking me with frown.

"Brother, this is not like you at all. Isn't this your first time meeting her, is it?"

I'm not answering him.

"Do you think that I don't know what's happening there? That dead woman, clearly know you! Where did you meet her?"

I keep staring at him.

"You don't want to answer? Fine. But let me remind you as a High Priest. I know that you still remember her words when she went out."

Her words....

Yes, I remembered. It was a warning.

'You're too sickening. With that smell, you want people afraid of you? Be careful handsome, don't you dare to step on someone tail. It won't give you any benefit at all'.

After that, she just flew away.

Knowing the tense, Reeve pushing it. "Her warning, for you, maybe you think you have to be careful with other people. But for me, her warning has different meaning."

I look up at Reeve.

"I will tell you a matter of fact, that is because you are my best friend."

My body start to tense. I don't know why, but I can feel a chill coming through my back.

Reeve sighing, "that woman has no soul."

"...what?"

"Her body is only a mere vessel. The real soul already died, but the body is used by another soul.

"so you mean.... it's a new person?"

Reeve nodded.

I fell into silent since I'm also confused.

'Then, what did I see? A ghost?'

................................................................................................................................................

To be continued....