Chapter 24

Ae started his warm ups before the final football match of this season. He glanced around the field yet again, worry in his eyes. Pete was supposed to be here 30 minutes ago. He was never late. Sighing, he continued to do as the coach said. Techno was an ass before matches but a softy afterwards. 

Gasping for breath, Pete finally arrived as the all the boys sat on the benches 5 minutes before the game started. He gave a polite bow to the Coach and Techno frowned and shook his head. Ae apologized then dragged him to a corner. "What happened?"

"I'm sorry, Ae. I got hit by a car. I'm fine, but it took quite a bit of time, filling out the paperwork and then to find a taxi... " Pete's words stumbled out. "Really, I'm okay." Ae's hands were running all over his limbs and the team was cheering, thinking they were getting a free show. Pete's face began to flame. 

Ae looked at the Coach. "Coach No, Can Pete stay in here for the game? He had a car accident on the way over. I think I'll play better if I know I can see him on breaks." All the players gasped and almost as one, began to flood him with questions.

Pete, now with a permanent red face, "I'm okay, honestly, I'm okay." Coach No carefully escorted him to a seat of honor, close to where he is supposed to sit but never does. He's to hyped up and usually paced or jumped up and down. 

As his players ran out on the field, Techno spoke, "I'm happy for you two. Ae's much nicer to be around these days. He finally figured out that there's something more to life than football." No never took his eyes off the game as he spoke.

Pete replied quietly, "I'm not sure what you mean."

"Oh, Ae used to run, continually. Fight a lot as well, but really, those are just tools to hide behind. Deplete your physical energy so that you have nothing left and you're too tired to think about what's bothering you. In other words, you don't need to deal with anything."

Coach No saw something happen on the field that Pete didn't understand and started to yell and then called for a time out. He walked a wee bit out and talked, leaving Pete to think.

Ah... he had his journal, Ae had his running. What did it matter as long as the two of them were together and could talk to each other? Pete just hoped they could always talk to each other.

The coach returned and sighed. "I wonder if I gave my coach this many headaches! Don't worry, Pete. I know from experience that almost anything can be worked out if you love someone."

There was mostly silence except the yelling from the benched players and the coach, as the players on the field scored a goal. Techno slapped Pete on the back, "That's your man!"

Pete smiled proudly. He'd have to do some research on this game. The rest of the game went by in a blur, until Ae ran up to him and picked him up, hugging tightly. 

"My good luck charm!" He put Pete down and in the middle of the players and the coach, pulled him down for a kiss. Not soft, or quick, but a proper, make you moan, slip the tongue kiss. Pete sunk his fists in the front of Ae's sweat soaked jersey and sighed. Ae pulled his hips in close grinding against him. 

Games left Ae hot, sweaty and horny. If he was honest with himself, the only thing he saw right now was Pete. Everything, everyone had faded to black. Pete was slowly loosing himself to Ae's passion when the whoops and hollering of the rest of the team reached his ears. 

Placing his hands firmly on Ae's chest he pushed hard. Ae stumbled back and swore. Realization hit, and his face darkened, as he would have taken Pete then and there, in front of his teammates. He'd lost all control. 

Pete was even redder, and he whispered to Ae, "We need some privacy, fast." 

Coach No had a knowing grin on his face and he winked at the pair. "Go, we're celebrating at the Pear King Bar tonight. At 8 p.m." He yelled 

Tin growled in the stands, watching as his best laid plans had backfired. He didn't care about the money. He had paid for the car to hit Pete on his way to the game. He was to be sitting in the stands, shaken. It was to be Tin, offering comfort to the shaken young man... not Ae!

Pushing his way through cheering happy fans, he stomped his way out of the stands. Stepping on one man's foot, he muttered a brief "Sorry" and continued to push through. 

"Damn." The spectator mumbled. "Why did he sit with us if he's so unhappy we won?" He turned to his girlfriend. The girlfriend eyed Tin and sighed. "Baby, that's Tin Medthanan, he's just an asshole. But would you be happy to see your ex-boyfriend making out with the star football player?"

The spectator turned to where everyone saw Ae kiss the new boy just off where the players where. "You mean the tall skinny handsome kid used to date that asshole?"

"That's the rumours. No one really knows for sure, though. I mean, no one ever saw them on a date or anything. We've all seen Ae openly dating that boy." She smiled, "I think Ae won the game for him." She lightly hit her boyfriend's arm. "Why don't you ever kiss me like that?" Laughing together, they left the stands.

From the shadows, Trump rubbed a few days growth on his upper lip. Between his sunken eyes, blackened eyes and overgrown hair, he knew he looked completely different. Even his old uniform, which he had put on to get into this stupid game, hung on his frame. What an interesting development... When did that gay get so bold?

Trump could hear the clock ticking down... tick tock, tick tock, tick tock. He was finally desperate enough to do anything.