Day 7

Matthew 22:37-38

Jesus replied, "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment."

We all have times where life gets busy and hectic. There's no doubt about that, but having a busy life doesn't mean we don't have time for God. There are people who choose to put activities, other people, and material possessions above God, or worse yet, in place of Him. There's no such thing as not having time for God. Think of it this way, think of all He gives us on a daily basis, and there are literally billions of us! Every day for Him is a busy day. How our time is spent is based on what our priorities are. If we don't place God as #1 priority each and every day, and place something or someone as a higher priority, that's where the problem is. Each and every day, God should be the first thought when we wake up, and the person we think about when we go to bed at night.
He should be the one we love the most. He loves us unconditionally and He takes care of us on a daily basis. God has feelings, just like the rest of us. He gave us life, and we couldn't exist without Him. Everything a lot of us take for granted, He gives us; our food, water, clothing, our homes, the air we breathe, our very existence, just to name a few. We get to have all of that, we get to have because of Him. The Lord should be the love of our lives. He doesn't ask too much of us. Our whole lives should be about Him, after all He did create us. He needs love just like everyone one else, and He deserves our love. He gave us free will, and with that being said, unfortunately not all people use it wisely by living for Him. A lot of people live for themselves, and unfortunately I was the same way all but the last four months of my life. Our purpose on Earth is to serve Him. We were created for His purpose. Unfortunately, there are people who love their material possessions, money, and even sins more than they love Him. In fact, there are those who hate Him, or don't believe in Him. I can't even begin to imagine how that must make Him feel. It's very heart breaking to think about. He loves us and we should love Him back. There are others who devote their whole lives to Him and love Him more than anyone else or anything else. He deserves exactly that. That's the first and greatest commandment.
The Ten Commandments are called commandments for a reason. They're not called the Ten Suggestions, but Commandments. Those are things He expects of us. He wants all of us, not just part. He deserves that and so much more. He loves us so much more than we know, and we're not even worthy of His love, but He loves us regardless. Love Him for who He is, not because of the blessings He gives, although we need to be grateful and appreciate those as well. Being a Christian isn't going to be easy at any point in time, especially now, but it most definitely is the most fulfilling way you could live your life. What God wants most, is our love. He gives us His love every day. He deserves ours.