𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫 - Brother Trouble

ابدأ من البداية

Charlie just shook his head in annoyance and stood up from the couch, before he made his way over to Valerie and guided her towards the stairs. "Come on, Val."

"What the hell did I just say, man?!" Dominic yelled, yanking Charlie back by the hood, and shoving him to the ground.

"Hey!" Adam bellowed, and harshly grabbed Dom by the shoulders. "Knock-it off!"

"He started it!"

"Well, I'm finishing it." Adam stated, the authority coming out in his voice. "You wanna act like a child? Fine. I'll treat you like one. Go take your meds and then wait for me in the truck. We gotta job lined up for tonight."

Dominic scoffed, but did as he was told. The whole situation definitely blew out of proportion, but that wasn't new in the Rivers household. They all were a little stubborn in their own ways, and of course they fought every once in awhile. I mean, that is what siblings do. But no matter how heated they were all feeling right at that moment, everything would cool off by the next morning. It always did.

Adam let out a deep breath, before turning back to Charlie and helping him up off the floor. He then faced Valerie and scratched the back of his neck. "Sorry for overreacting." He apologized. "It's just that the boys and I got a threat from a gang across town, and its been stressing us out. If anything were to happen to you, I'd never forgive myself."

"I get it, Adam. I do." Valerie assured him. "But I just wish that you'd trust me enough to let me take care of myself once in awhile. I know its dangerous out there, so that's why when I realized that it was dark outside, I got a ride home from one of my friends at the mall."

"Which friend?" He gave her a look.

"Oh, uh," Val hesitated, before mumbling incoherently. "...Steve Harrington."

Adam instantly shook his head with a smile. "Of course." He chuckled, sarcastically. "Isn't that kid slinging ice cream nowadays, or something?"

"Yup." She laughed with him, and Charlie grinned also. "He even has a cute little sailor's outfit and everything."

The three of them joked around some more, before Valerie finally headed to her room after Adam and Dom left. She had just put on her PJs and got under the covers, before Charlie knocked softly on her door.

"Yeah?" She called out.

"Hey, it's me. Can I come in?" Charlie asked, as he leaned his ear closer to the door in order to hear her better.

"Sure." She replied.

He entered her room and was immediately hit with the view of dozens of band posters and records covering the walls. He smirked at the sight, before taking a seat on the foot of her bed.

"I was just curious about something." He explained, as he looked at her skeptically. "What's the real reason you went back to the mall today? I mean the ice cream can't be that good, right?"

She chuckled, before letting out a rather dramatic sigh and shaking her head. "Do you remember me telling you about the girl I had a crush on back when I was a sophomore?"

Charlie thought about it for a minute. "Oh, yeah. What was her name again? Buckwheat?" He teased.

"Ha ha, very funny. But it's Buckley." She corrected him. "And that's just her last name."

"I'm only kidding." He chuckled. "Her first name's Dove though, right? Or was it Raven? Phoebe maybe?" Val quickly picked up one of her pillows, and chucked it at his head.

"Okay, now you're just naming random birds! Her name is Robin."

"Ah, Robin. Yup, I definitely remember her now. Dude, weren't you like, head-over-heels for her or something?"