23. Seoul Branch (2) Locked

Start from the beginning

Hyeyoon just nodded and both were silent. She stared blankly again at the front. Rowoon was contemplating whether or not to say anything. But as Hyeyoon was seen muted. He then decided to talk first.

"How are you doing, Hyeyoon?" Rowoon tried to initiate a conversation.

The girl turned to see him and back again facing the front. "I'm doing great," she answered rather shortly and Rowoon didn't know what to respond. The fact that he had a lot in his mind and really wanted to ask her everything. But he was hesitant.

Rowoon couldn't expect a lot from this encounter, he was the one who let her go three years ago. And to still hoping there was probably a slightest feeling remained in her heart toward him was kind of too much. He had to swallow the bitter taste of her already moved on from him, and already had someone else.

Hyeyoon sighed and Rowoon stared at her, questioning.

"What?" Rowoon asked her and the girl just leaned her back to the wall and checking her wristwatch. It was nearly 7.00 PM and it was getting dark outside he assumed.

"I think the employees are going home at this time," Hyeyoon couldn't imagine being stuck here until the next morning with Rowoon. Hyeyoon was getting slightly anxious and restless. "What do we do?" she asked Rowoon who was staring at her straight into her eyes with an expression that Hyeyoon couldn't decipher. As if there were thousands of unspoken words he was holding up.

His eyes were sparkling and it was hypnotizing. Hyeyoon gulped when Rowoon remained still on his spot, stayed mute only watching her movements. The girl tucked her hair behind her ear nervously. She scratched the back of her nape and cast her gaze away.

Hyeyoon couldn't read Rowoon's mind and she was wondering why he was looking at her like that. She then sighed and nudged Rowoon, snapped him back to reality.

"Don't look at me like that," she told him. "You're making me uncomfortable," she was being honest.

Rowoon turned his gaze and leaned his back to the wall, then shut his eyes. Seeing that, Hyeyoon frowned. "Are you okay?"

Her question made Rowoon's eyes shot open and he looked at Hyeyoon weirdly. "You're scolding me by looking at you, now when I'm shutting my eyes, you're questioning me again," Rowoon folded his arms in front of his chest. "What do you really want, Hyeyoon?" his tone was flat, but it sounded a bit cold to Hyeyoon.

The girl retreated upon hearing the cold reply and she was offended. This guy didn't change a bit. Hyeyoon pursed her lips and turned away. She ignored him and was about to get up. It was better to find a way to escape from this place rather than arguing with this Kim Rowoon.

Hyeyoon's movement stopped when she felt Rowoon grabbed her hand and pulled her down to sit, "where are you going?"

The girl was flinched and nearly stumbled down but she quickly regained her balance and pulled her hand from his grip.

"It's nothing to do with you, though. You can rest there as long as you want, I'll find a way to get out of this place, alone," Hyeyoon replied sternly and the guy just smirked upon hearing her tone. He found her reaction amusing and Rowoon couldn't help himself to stop teasing the girl.

Hyeyoon didn't change that much either, it was just a cover-up. She was still her. His Hyeyoon.

It was easy to make her mad and then the girl would just melt whenever Rowoon using his charm.

Rowoon pointed at his head and the look plastered on his face made Hyeyoon blinked in confusion. "Can you wipe the dry blood on my scalp? It's getting itchy," he said that while flashing his infamous smile. Showing his white teeth and the guy grabbed Hyeyoon's hand gently so the girl could touch his temple.