Cuddles

David rushed into his room as soon as he heard the ring tone he had specifically picked out for Catherine, picking his phone up as he flopped on the bed, Erin sound asleep in her crib. He slid his thumb to answer the call, and his face lit up as soon as he saw that beautiful ginger, but he frowned slightly as she looked like she was crying.

"Hello.." He said softly, looking at her through the screen, a smiling softly at her.

"Hey." She said in a weak tone, forcing a strained smile as she squirmed to get comfortable in her hotel bed.

"Are you okay?" He asked quietly? His tone dripping with concern and worry as he furrowed his eyebrows.

Yeah!" She said with a quick nod, scratching the back of her neck.

"Catherine, don't lie to me. What's wrong?" David repeated.

She hesitated before she spoke, biting down on her bottom lip.

"Guess who's our stage manager?" She asked, her voice in a nervous whisper as she ran we hands through her ginger hair.

"Who? Is it George Clooney? John Barrowman? Who?" He asked, sitting up on the bed.

"Twig." She said quietly. "I didn't know this was going to happen, David. I swear. I don't know how he became to be the stage manager.." She whispered, shaking her head.

David's heart nearly shattered, and he slowly nodded.

"Oh, Catherine.." He mumbled, "is there any other way that you could possibly come back home?" He asked.

"David, I can't. This pays so much money and I need it right now. I said that before." She murmured, clearing her tears. "I want to come back, but I can't. Not for a few weeks, at least." She whispered. "I just want to cuddle with you more than anything else right now." She said quietly.

"Me too.. And I need you to stay strong, no harm of any kind is going to happen to you, I promise." He said, reassurance in his tone as he forced a small smile. "I love you." He whispered.

Catherine just nodded, smiling widely at him, her white teeth showing and her wide dimples poking inwards.

"I love you too." She murmured.

"You're adorable. I could squeeze you silly." He said shyly with a chuckle.

Catherine yawned with a blush. "And I you." She whispered, wriggling her eyebrows.

"You should get to sleep. You look tired, love." He said softly.

"I am. Thank you. Goodnight, David." She said with a smile, ending the call and sliding her phone on the nightstand beside her bed, hauling the sheets over herself and slowly drifting to sleep.