October 13th

Title: Stupid Box
Prompt: "At least this can't get any worse!"
A/N: I'm addicted to broken up jaya. It's a disease, send help! Takes place between Season 4 and 5. I dusted off something old for this one. From the Journal of Master Wu:

  From the Journal of Master Wu:

s h i n y   o b j e c t s

s h i n y o b j e c t s

Jay sighed and let his back slide down the wall of his makeshift prison.  He couldn't believe how cliché the situation was.

He was stuck in a box, and he wasn't alone.

With her.

Of all people to be stuck in a magical box with, it had to be her.

Jay sighed again, then dared a glance at his cellmate.  She crossed her arms and huffed, turning her head away from him, clearly annoyed.

Fantastic.

"This is all your fault, you know," she stated bluntly, inspecting the invisible wall that was randomly throbbing with ancient text lit up in various colors. 

Jay eyed her incredulously.  "Excuse me? You are the one who tripped into me, pushing me into the display."   

"And you were the one who was distracted by shiny objects."

Jay rolled his eyes and scoffed, then slid all the way down the wall into a sitting position. 

"Excuse me for appreciating the fine art of ancient artifacts," he sassed back and she snapped her head towards him.  "Besides," Jay continued, " what were you distracted by that you walked right into me?"

Nya opened her mouth to retort then slammed it shut and turned her head away from him again.  Jay was almost certain he saw her cheeks turn pink.

Interesting.

"I was focusing on the mission. Unlike you."

Jay scoffed again.  Ten minutes ago found the team sneaking through the Ninjago Museum of Natural History.  There had been a series of break ins but nothing stolen, which was extremely odd. The ninja were asked to investigate and Lloyd had the grand idea they should have a stakeout.  Except, everyone got bored. Really fast. Especially Jay.