Chapter 36: Recovery and searching

Start from the beginning

       "Here we are.." he slid the door open and walked in, the two other members of the bakusquad were sitting in a bed and talking while the Tv played in the backround.

      "Kirishima..!" Mina yelled with a smile , standing up and hugging me.

She had a bandage around her leg which was what I assumed was her infected wound, sero seemed to be alright besides his leg which was wrapped in gauze.

     "Hey bro..!" He called out.

     "You said we were going out to look for Bakugo.." I said with a glint of determination in my eyes.

      "Yeah..the only thing is we don't know where to start he could be anywhere as they took a portal." I nodded in response but banged my fists together.

     " we might as well start at the place if his last kidnapping.." Denki suggested. "It wouldn't hurt.." he shrugged his shoulders.

      "Did Denki actually have a good idea.." Mina teased.

He huffed and held his hands up to zap Mina, tiny sparks coursed through his hands but they quickly grew out of control.

      "Shoot.." he mumbled , shoving his hands in his leather jacket in an attempt to calm the sparks. He looked the opposite of his normal self, his facial expression void of joy.

      "Are you okay Denki..?" I asked him.

He nodded and turned away from me. Weird.

       "Okay.. well we need a plan.. sero can we use your tape to get out of here..?" I asked.

       "Yeah..well about that... there a bit jammed at the moment.. I can try though .." he said, rubbing the nape of his neck.

      "Okay.." I clicked open the window and stared out into the night , the city was bustling with noise though it barely reached us as we were up so high. I would save Bakugo , I had to succeed, I had to keep telling myself this was the right decision, the pros would take days to put a search party together and I couldn't stand the thought of waiting that long. Bakugo might not have that long.

"Try to attach your tape to that lamp post across the street.." I said, pointing towards it.

"Here goes nothing I guess.." he aimed his elbows and a thin round of tape spewed from them, attaching to the lamp. The string looked thin and frail but it would have to work, I didn't have time to be picky.

     "I'll go first.." I volunteered, grabbing the string with my hand and climbing out the open window and into the chill night.

     "Be careful bro.." Sero said with no expression of joy on his face.

     "I'll be fine if it snaps I can just harden my body as I'm falling." I grinned at them and gripped the string with both hands, readying myself for the jump.

      "Here goes nothing.." I mumbled and jumped out of the window, sliding down the surprisingly strong string.

I flew to the other side rapidly and landed on the concrete with force that would have broken my tailbone is I hadn't used my quirk.

      "Hey guys it's strong enough..!" I yelled , they all looked at me though I could barely make out there expression at there height.

Mina slid down it next and did a flip, landing on the concrete gracefully as I watched from the ground. After that I quickly stood up and brushed myself off as sero slid down.

     "Where's Denki..?" I asked sero as he landed on the building much like Mina but without the flip.

      "He was scared so he told me to go first.." sero said as he looked up towards the window. Denki form could barely be made out from the top of the hospital.