Part II

Hawk's POV:

We are sitting in some restaurant after our victory in the tournament. Demitri, Aisha, and Moon are sitting at my table. Miguel is here, but we can't figure out where he is.

"I gotta say, its nice to be at a victory party." Says Demitri.

"Yeah except you had noting to do with the victory." I say, stealing a nacho from him.

Well, then I consider it a belated welcome for the award we won at computer camp, remember?"

He does some nerdy robot arm pose, "Demitri and Eli, binary brothers." Aisha and Moon laugh, and I feel myself going red.

I level my face at him. "Hey, cool it with the nerd shit, huh?" He looks hurt, but doesn't say another word.

"Hey where's Miguel? His wings are getting cold." says Moon.

I scan the room. There he is, sitting by himself on his phone only with a Coke.

"El Serpieñte, there you are. I say.

He doesn't even look up. "She blocked me."

My God. This girl Sam, Miguel's Ex girlfriend, just broke up with him, and now he's depressed a lot more than he used to be. Maybe part of the reason, was that last week at a party, Sam came in with one of her fathers interns. Who happened to be a boy. Miguel though she was cheating on him. He tried to hit this boy, Robby, but hit Sam. Now she's furious.

I try to bring his spirits up.

"So what happens when you get blocked? You counterpunch. Except, maybe don't actually hit her this time." I say, chuckling. Aisha shoots me a warning look.

"What too soon?" I say. Look, all I'm saying is doing give up." 

"Just give Sam some time, she's come around." says Aisha.

"Or she won't. I say. You're like Drake now, you can get any chick in the Valley you want." I say, walking away.

When I get back to the table, Moon asks, "Whats up with him?"

"Just that stupid ex girlfriend of his. I say. He'll come around.

I hope.