𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 - Russian Spies

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

The next morning, Valerie threw on her flannel and put on her beanie, before grabbing her backpack and skateboard. She put in her headphones that were attached to her cassette player, and she played the first song.

Immediately, Take on Me by a-ha, was blasting through her ears. She ran down the stairs and right out the front door, before her brothers could even say good morning.

She jumped on her board and used her left foot to kick off. She felt bad for lying to her brothers about meeting up with Remy, but she tried not to dwell on it. The truth was, she really wanted to see Robin again but she was already nervous enough as it was.

Valerie always had a secret crush on Robin, but she didn't think the girl ever noticed her in the hallways at school. Remy didn't even know about her crush, and she wanted to keep it that way. Even though her friend could be a great wingman when needed, she didn't need him trying to embarrass her today.

On her way to the mall, she passed a young redhead trying to do kick flips on her own skateboard. Valerie stopped and quickly demonstrated how to do it the right way, and she stayed until the girl finally learned how.

Afterwards, she thanked Valerie, and introduced herself as Max. However, Val had already knew that she was the young step-sister of Billy, Hawkins infamous new bad boy. In fact, she felt herself relating to Max in some ways. For one thing, they both had older brothers who were troublemakers, and they were often stereotyped for being related to them.

"I'll see you around." Val told her, upon seeing that Max's friend, El, had stopped by. Max nodded, before Valerie hopped back on her board and continued on her way while, I Melt with You by Modern English, played on her cassette.

It didn't take long after that for her to arrive at Starcourt. The mall was still pretty busy from their grand opening, however, it was still spacious enough that Val didn't get anxious like she normally would.

She tried not to seem too eager as she made her way to Scoops Ahoy, however, there was no denying the way her heart raced with both nerves and excitement. When she finally saw the parlor, she took a deep breath and quietly entered. Upon walking up to the counter, she saw a group of little girls all gathered around Robin at the register, and their leader was none other than Erica Sinclair.

"Can I try the Peppermint Stick?" The brown-eyed girl asked, after having tried a sample previously.

"Haven't you already tried the Peppermint Stick?" Robin questioned her, clearly fed up with the girl and her groupies.

"Yes," Erica replied with an attitude. "And I'd like to try it again."

Robin rolled her eyes. "Steve!" She groaned. The sailor girl then turned back around, however, this time her eyes instantly landed on Valerie waiting in line behind Erica and her friends. "Oh, thank God." She sighed. "Sorry ladies, but you're taking too long to decide. I'm gonna have to ask you to move to the back of the line."