Chapter 7- The Capulet's and The Montegue's

Jughead's Narrative~

The Cooper's. The Stepford's of Riverdale.

High school sweethearts who got married and had two beautiful daughters, Polly and Betty.

Until Jason Blossom happens.

And now, we would hear from the person who was closest to him those days leading up to his disappearance... Polly Cooper.

How a casual conversation turned into an epic, forbidden romance. How, for reasons still murky, their respective parents tried to tear them apart.

How their break-up was short-lived, because Polly soon learned she was pregnant with Jason's baby.

How they became secretly engaged with his grandmother's blessing and her heirloom ring, and made plans to run away together to start a new life. And how their dreams of escape went up in flames.

Third Person POV~

The Scooby Gang, and then Sun Blossom trio all sat in the common room of Riverdale high, discussing the town's latest gossip. Polly Cooper.

"Polly's convinced herself that no one wants her baby." Betty starts, but Kevin butts in. "Besides, of course, the child-snatching Blossom monsters. No offense Cheryl." he adds at the end seeing the glare he got not only from the Blossom girl but the Sun twins as well.

"None taken." the red-head replied with a bitter undertone.

"So you mom and dad want Polly but not the baby, and the Blossom's want the baby and not Polly. That's a true Gordian knot." Jughead sums up the situation. "It's an impossible situation." Betty concluded, but her raven-haired best friend spoke up.

"Betty, come on. An impossible situation is being invited to the Vanity Flair Oscar party and Elton John's Oscar party on the same night. Which happened to me one year, I know." Veronica says the last part as Kevin places his hand on her shoulder.

"Or deciding whether to attend the ball celebrating the birthday of the Prince of Greece or going to the ball to celebrate some award, Queen Elizabeth II was being given." Apollo states making Kevin, Veronica, and Cheryl all look at the twins in shock.

"I don't see why Cherbear is shocked, she knew, our grandmother is a very high ranked Dutchess in the UK. It's why we're rich." Artemis tells them with a small shrug.

"Put a pin in that, I'll ask questions later-" Veronica tells them whilst pointing at the God twins before turning back to Betty. "This is merely an annoying situation. But luckily, I've been percolating on an idea, hellishly simple units conception. What if my mom and I were to host a baby shower?"

"Count me in." Cheryl states with a smile and the blonde duo next to her nod their heads, indicating that they're in too.

"You want Polly to feel loved and supported, right?" The Lodge asks. "Yeah, but ideally by her own parents." Betty responds.

"Okay, so, baby steps, girl. Get Polly and your parents in the same room in a public setting where they can't fight, and, voila, let the healing begin." Veronica tells her with a smile at the end.

"Am I, expected to come to this thing?" Jughead asks. "Of course. You're Betty's boyfriend so-" Veronica answers with a shrug as she takes a sip of her coffee.