The Start of Our Lives

Start from the beginning

Fred picked up my things, aside from Honey, which he gestured for me to pick up myself.

"If you'll excuse us, we have an apartment to set up together." Fred tipped his hat and whispered the coordinates in my ear, before disappearing with a loud crack, me following suit.

We appeared in a small foyer with an old flowery wallpaper. There was a large oak arch splitting the foyer and the living room, which was a large nicely furnished space, with carpets covering the floor and walls. There was a large couch in the middle, and a nice wooden coffee table, with a large fire place in front of it.

Fred placed my things down, and came up behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"It isn't much but-"

"Freddie it's perfect." I whispered, my eyes filling with happy tears.

"Really?" He asked, his voice wavering with emotion.

"Really." I turned around and pulled him into a warm kiss.

Fred was the man I wanted to spend the rest of my life with.

~~~~

Fred and I spent the next month figuring out how to decorate our new home to our liking. My N.E.W.T's results came back to reveal I achieved a N.E.W.T. However, Fred was fairly busy throughout the day with his joke shop, and during this time I was out looking for a job, being accepted by the ministry as a junior alchemist. Our happiness however, was dimmed by the thought of inevitable war.

There was newspaper article after newspaper article upon the subject, each more frantic than the prior. Fudge had been sacked from his position, and replaced by Rufus Scrimgeour, who by the looks of it seemed more competent. He was previously Head of the Auror office in the Department of Magical Law Enforcement, and at least seemed to know a good deal about black magic.

The ministry had also sent out a pamphlet about safety against death eaters. It read;

PROTECTING YOUR HOME AND FAMILY AGAINST DARK FORCES

The Wizarding community is currently under threat from an organization calling itself the Death Eaters. Observing the following simple security guidelines will help protect you, your family, and your home from attack.

1. You are advised not to leave the house alone.

2. Particular care should be taken during the hours of darkness. Wherever possible, arrange to complete journeys before night has fallen.

3. Review the security arrangements around your house, making sure that all family members are aware of emergency measures such as Shield and Disillusionment Charms, and, in the case of underage family members, Side-Along-Apparition.

4. Agree on security questions with close friends and family so as to detect Death Eaters masquerading as others by use of the Polyjuice Potion (see page 2).

5. Should you feel that a family member, colleague, friend, or neighbor is acting in a strange manner, contact the Magical Law Enforcement Squad at once. They may have been put under the Imperius Curse (see page 4).

6. Should the Dark Mark appear over any dwelling place or other building, DO NOT ENTER, but contact the Auror office immediately.

7. Unconfirmed sightings suggest that the Death Eaters may now be using Inferi (see page 10). Any sighting of an Inferius, or encounter with same, should be reported to the Ministry IMMEDIATELY.

George living right next to us, Fred and I weren't too worried, but that didn't stop me from putting up multiple shield and dissilusionment charms on both Fred and I's as well as George's flats.

It was tense in the ministry, and I was relieved that I was an alchemist, and not a government official. Percy and I saw each other in the halls at times, and he would give me a small smile every now and then, but ultimately ignoring me. I didn't attempt to have a conversation with him either, resorting to small waves.

~~~~

Fred and I lay in bed together, my finger tracing circles on his chest.

"Do you think we'll have kids?" Fred asked suddenly, catching me slightly off guard.

"Definitely." I smiled, "I'm thinking around two or three."

"That sounds amazing." He smirked. "And we'll live in a beautiful house on a cliff overlooking a bay."

"Will we?" I chuckled.

"For sure." He whispered, pulling me into a soft kiss. "Y/n, I want to spend the rest of my life with you."

"You will Freddie, I promise." I said, pulling myself on top of him.