Chapter 1

-Carl's POV-

The sound of electricity screeched inside a dark room, my screams were silenced yet again with another set of torturous events.

I was trapped, I could not escape, these people aren't going to stop. I have been through this for the past 6 weeks, non-stop torture.

'Where are my parents...? Why are they so late...?', I thought to myself, eyes feeling extremely heavy.

I was scared, scared of the things that would happen to me after they grew tired of torture, on the first day of my capture, they've injected something into my body, it's the reason why I was still alive.

They called me a 'Homunculus', a miracle of science, I was no longer human. My face remained void of emotions, but my eyes betrayed me, streams of tears fell down my face.

'Why...? Why me...? I've never done anything wrong...', another shock of electricity was sent through my body.

'M-make it s-stop....p-please..! A-anyone! H-help me..!', screams of agony rang throughout the sound proofed walls of my containment.

The electricity powered down, the chair I was sitting on and was strapped on was no longer producing electricity. A man opened the entrance to my cell, and went in, he walked towards me and proceeded to inspect me.

"Incredible! We've shocked you about 20 times now, way more than what a normal human could handle, and yet you're still alive! This is truly astonishing!", I couldn't produce any facial expression, but if I could, I'd be glaring at this sick bastard.

This person was the head of these damned scientists, he ordered my capture, and was the same very person who injected that strange liquid into my body, making me have some sort of healing factor.

Normally, a regular person would be absolutely elated, I would have been as well, if not for these unfortunate circumstances.
Another man came into my cell, holding some sort of briefcase.

"Sir, the serum is ready for testing.", my eyes widened in fear, they were going to inject something into me again?

I can't let this happen, but I couldn't do anything about it, I'm slowly losing my mind. The pain, it's all too much, the first serum was already bad enough, this one was most likely worst.

"Ah! Perfect timing! Let's get this show on the road!", the man cackled in delight, he opened the briefcase, and there sat a bottle, filled to the brim with strange chemicals.

'No...no....No....NO!!!', the man grabbed the bottle and forcefully shoved it into my mouth, forcing me to swallow the chemicals.

My throat felt as if it was on fire, a few seconds after I felt my organs slowly melting. I tried my best to stay conscious, the man saw this and grinned evilly.

"Hoh, not giving in are we? The serum only takes full effect when you're unconscious, hmmm, ah hah! Why don't I tell you the reason why you're here in the first place!", I looked up to the man, pain evident in my trembling body.

I wanted to- no, I needed to know, who did this? Was it any of my friends? No, that can't happen...they were all dead, was it revenge from their family members? Was it because I had been a bad friend to them? No...I had always treated them like they were my brothers...

"It was you're parents! How surprising isn't it?! The ones who raised and took care of you, were the ones who agreed to hand you over to us! Hahaha!", my mouth dropped, my heart seemed to stop beating. My breath hitched, and my eyes widened in disbelief.

I snapped, my body went unconscious, slumping over the chair I was trapped in. Something new took place inside my mind, and that feeling, was Despair.