Ch 2 Mission From The General

Y/N POV

I make my way to the eating area to get something to eat. I take my food to my room when a announcement comes on.

Ironwood: "Specialists L/N please report to my office."

I turn around and head to Ironwood's office; I arrive and see Winter standing at Ironwood's desk.

Y/N: "You wanted to see me sir?"

Ironwood: "Yes, we have reason to believe there may be imposters at Beacon."

Y/N: "And you want me to seek them out and get rid of them?"

Ironwood: "Correct."

Y/N: "Am I going alone?"

Winter: "Afraid so, we fear that if we send anyone else they will catch on to our plan."

Y/N: "Very well when do I leave?"

Ironwood: "We already have a bullhead fueled and ready to leave."

Y/N: "Very well, I'll go and pack now."

I leave and head for my room; I pack my bag with my mask being last. I zip up the bag, fold my scythe to hang on my waist and head to the waiting bullhead. When I get there Winter is waiting for me; I go up to her and set my bag down. I wrap her in a hug with her returning it.

Winter: "Be careful out there."

Y/N: "You should be telling that to my enemies."

Winter: "That still applies to you."

I let go and give her a kiss.

Y/N: "Don't worry I always am careful."

Winter: "Don't forget to take your medication."

Y/N: "I won't."

I give her one last kiss and head inside the bullhead. Before the door closes I turn around and wave.

Y/N: "I love you Winter."

Winter: "I love you too Y/N."

The bullhead takes off while I take my seat and decide to take a nap since it will be awhile since we arrive in Vale. I awaken from my sleep with the bullhead landing; I get up and walk out making my way to Ozpin's office. I sit down near his desk and he takes a sip from his coffee mug.

Ozpin: "You must be the new transfer student Y/N L/N."

Y/N: "Yep, will I be getting my own dorm or will I share one?"

Ozpin: "You will have your own dorm."

Y/N: *gets up* "Thank you."

Ozpin: "Y/N."

Y/N: *turns around*

Ozpin: "I hope to see your skills in the upcoming Vytal festival."

I smile and head to my dorm. As I walk I bump into a girl and knock her down; I help her up and see she has green hair. I look behind her and spot another girl who has black hair and a boy with silver hair.

Y/N: "Sorry about that I wasn't watching where I was going."

Green chick: "That's alright just be more careful."

I stare at the trio and go over the information I got from when I touched her and found a lot of bad stuff; she must be one of the imposters.

Y/N: "Who are your friends?"

Cinder: "My name's Cinder."

Mercury: "Mercury."

I shake their hands and see the same thing I saw in the girl with green hair, although Cinder has the most bad stuff. There's no doubt about it they're the imposters.

Y/N: "It is a pleasure to meet you three."

I walk past them but place my hand on Cinder's shoulder and whisper in her ear.

Y/N: "You better not do anything bad or Salem will be the least of your fears."

I feel her body stiffen and I walk past her and head to my dorm.

Cinder POV

Y/N: "Or Salem will be the least of your fears."

My body stiffens and sweat starts to form the moment he says Salem. I feel the color leave my face and hear his retreating footsteps. I turn around and I see Salem? I rub my eyes and she is gone; what was that?

Emerald: "Cinder you okay? You're looking a little pale there."

Cinder: "I'm fine I just thought I saw my boss."

Mercury: "Why would she be here?"

I don't answer and instead I just head to our dorm while trying to figure out how I saw Salem.

Y/N POV

I make it to my room and the first thing I do is put away my clothes and store my weapon. I pull out a set of regular clothes and take a shower. I feel the hot water cascade over my back and through my hair. I rest my forehead on the wall and think about how Winter is doing. I finish up my shower and put on my clothes; I pull out my scroll and figure I might as well see how my girlfriend is doing. I video call her and fix my hair while it rings; after a few rings she picks up and she is in a white nightgown with her hair down.

Y/N: "Hey, I hope I didn't wake you."

Winter: "You didn't I just got out of the shower. So how was your flight?"

Y/N: "Decent, I just got to my dorm and thought I should call and see how you're doing."

Winter: "I'm doing fine, it's a little lonely without you here but you calling me helped me forget about it."

Y/N: "I think I might be home sooner rather than later."

Winter: "How so?"

Y/N: *serious* "I found the imposters."

Her happy expression disappears and her regular militaristic demeanor comes out.

Winter: "Do you have any names?"

Y/N: "I have the name of what I think is the leader, Cinder, and a male that was with her, Mercury."

Winter: "Anyone else? What did they look like?"

Y/N: "There was a second female, but I didn't get her name. She has green hair, red eyes and dark skin. Cinder has black hair with amber eyes and Mercury has silver hair with matching eyes."

Winter: "Good I shall Inform Ironwood about this."

Y/N: "If it's alright with you I don't want him to know just yet."

Winter: "Is there a reason?"

Y/N: "I have reason to believe that this goes beyond just those three. If we can find who is calling the shots then we can get them all in one fell swoop."

Winter: "I see, I shall hold off on telling Ironwood for now."

Y/N: "Thank you. I love you."

She gives a heart warming smile.

Winter: "I love you too. Good night."

Y/N: "Good night my love."

She blows me a kiss before she ends the video call. I slightly laugh at her softer side. Beneath that stoic military exterior is a kind and caring woman whom I love. I set my scroll on the nightstand and go to sleep preparing for the next day.