heir of slytherin pt. 2

"I love you baby and if it's quite alright, I need you baby."
-

"Let's match the power of Lord Voldemort, Heir of Salazar Slytherin, against the famous Harry Potter and his follower." Tom said. What was he planning to do?

Suddenly we heard loud hissing coming from the statue of Salazar. The basilisk slithered from out of a crevice, his beading eyes staring through our souls.

"Run!" Harry yelled. We immediately turned around and began running away. Tom hissed something else to the large snake. It then started following us.

"Parseltongue won't save you now, Potter. It only obeys the heir!" Tom yelled. My eyes widened. Of course. Only the heir can control it. Suddenly Harry slips and falls onto the hard floor. Fear is pumped through my veins. I stopped and looked down at him.

"Come on, Harry. Get up!" I yelled in a state of panic. I turn towards the basilisk. It was definitely gaining us. Wait, if I blinded the creature it would give it just enough time for Harry to run. I pointed my wand to the basilisk.

"Obscuro!" I yelled. Suddenly a black blindfold materializes on the basilisk's head and wraps itself around its eyes. It stopped in its tracks and screeched.

"Harry, run!" I yelled. I could hear Harry scamper off.

"You may have blinded the basilisk, Violet. But it can still hear you." Tom said with anger. I quickly ran past the basilisk and up to Riddle. It ignored me and slithered after Harry. I believe that Harry can get past the snake.

I pointed my wand at the man. He also stood his ground.

"You said yourself that the basilisk only obeys the heir." I said. "Well there are two of us." Tom's eyes widened a little.

"What can a small second year do to me? You're nothing compared to me." Tom said. I hummed.

"Maybe... but be honest, me, Harry and Ginny are the only ones making it out of here." I said before yelling out:

"Flipendo!" I yelled. A spark of light quickly exits my wand.

"Protego!" Tom yelled, blocking my spell. He smirks. "You're quick and fast while dueling, but not quick enough." Tom said.

"Rictumsempra!" He yells.

"Expelliarmus!" I yelled. I saw Pansy use this spell with me while she was about to hex me. It seemed to disarm me. He quickly blocked the spell again. None of this was working. It's like we're butting heads and no one is seeming to win.

"EXPULSO!" I yelled. Tom jumped out the way as a spark exits my wand and hits the wall behind him. A chunk of the wall falls on the ground with a crash. Suddenly in the corner of my eye I see Harry run up behind me.

"Stop! Both of you!" He yelled. I held my wand tightly in my hand. My curly hair stuck to my forehead with sweat and water. I slowly lowered my wand.

Me and Harry immediately kneeled down to check on Ginny.

"Yes, Potter. The process is nearly complete. In a few minutes Ginny Weasley will be dead, I will cease to be a memory. Lord Voldemort will return, very... much... alive." Tom said with an almost crazed expression. We tried shaking Ginny awake again but it was no use. Suddenly we heard a loud crash behind us. I immediately turned around to see the basilisk was coming up from the water. Oh no this was bad! Suddenly I see Harry grab something from the hat but I couldn't make it out since I was too busy pointing my wand at the creature.

Harry stood in-front of me with a sword... wait, not just any sword. The Godric Gryffindor sword!

"Where did you get that?" I asked in utter confusion.

"From the hat!" Harry yelled back. Oh my Merlin, it's a conjuring hat! Harry and I immediately ran up to the Salazar sculpture. We climbed and climbed to the top while the basilisk tried it's hardest to hit us off. Once we were at the top I came up with an idea. I could speak to the snake and tell it to go back to where it came from.

"I have an idea!" I said. Before starring the creature. I started hissing the snake language. Before it launched it's teeth at us it immediately stopped in confusion.

"Do not hurt Harry Potter."

I hissed. It started to back away. "Stop that now!" Tom said with anger. He hissed the language as well. Our voices swam through the air almost like they were competing in a race.

The basilisk shook his head maniacally. Harry quickly stabbed the snake inside its mouth and out the other end. I saw him wince in pain. The basilisk screeched loudly.

"I'm s-stuck." Harry said. I went inside the creature's mouth and pulled at Harry's arm. Suddenly I felt a painful pierce on my arm. I yell out in pain before Harry successfully pulls out his arm with the sword in hand.

I looked down at my arm to see that the creature's tooth was stuck in it. I pull it out immediately and yell out in pain. By Merlin's beard that hurt! Good thing my blood heals. I looked to see that Harry got the creature's tooth stuck in his arm as well. He pulls it out and staggers to stand up straight. Blood spilled from the wound.

But suddenly I felt my head begin to spin. What was happening to me? The basilisk screeched once before falling onto the ground. Dead. Tom clenched his jaw in anger.

We quickly got off the statue and staggered back to Ginny's body. Harry looked weak and so did I. I felt my legs suddenly give up on me and I fall onto the ground. I see Harry fall as well.

Is my blood not healing the wound? Wait, what if it takes time?

"Remarkable, isn't it, how quickly the venom of the basilisk can penetrate the body? I'd guess you two have little more than a minute to live. You'll be with your dear Mudblood mother soon, Harry." Tom spat at the boy. I pulled up my sleeve. The bleeding wound on my forearm slowly began healing. I smirked.

"The thing is, Tom." I said before sitting up a bit and staring at the man.

"My blood heals." I say before pushing out my wand. "Incedia!" I yelled. Suddenly a wall of fire surrounded just surrounded me and him. Tom eyes widened. I staggered to get up.

"You're not getting out of this chamber, Tom." I say. Tom clenched his jaw. The fire around us roared loudly through my ears. I could feel myself sweat.

"Like hell!" He screamed before pointing his wand at me. Suddenly Tom began to scream out in pain. I looked behind me to see Harry stabbing the book with the same tooth the basilisk stabbed him with. It...was hurting Tom. Brilliant!

I turned my head again to see that a big hole was in Tom's stomach. He staggered back until the wall of flames quickly caught him on fire. His body completely turns into a crisp, leaving nothing behind. I smile brightly. Sweet Merlin we did it!

I waved my wand, making the wall of fire disappear. I walked over to Harry to see that Tom's diary was bleeding ink. I wasn't going to question it though. We were all safe now. Suddenly Ginny gasped for air and her eyes opened.

"Ginny." I whispered. She turned to look at the two of us.

"Harry, Violet, it was me. But I swear I didn't mean to." She said. I smiled warmly and kneeled down.

"We know. We need to get out of here also and get to the infirmary. Harry's hurt." I say. I didn't want to tell him that my blood heals other when he can just go to Madame Pomfrey's and get her "special potion" aka my blood mixed in with some herbs.

We suddenly heard a cry. We looked up to the see the same phoenix we saw earlier. It landed next to us and sort of wobbled over to Harry.

"You were brilliant, Fawkes. I just wasn't quick enough." He said. Fawkes whines sadly. The creature leans down. I could see it's tears drop onto Harry's wound. It began healing up very quickly. Well that was definitely a better idea.

"Of course. Phoenix tears have healing powers. Thanks. It's alright, Ginny. It's over now. It's just a memory." Harry says reassuring the redhead. I smile warmly.

We flew out of the cave on Fawkes back. I was surprised we could all fit on the bird. It was beautiful, as we flew out of the chamber we saw the night sky.