duel

"slow dancing in the dark."
-

Me and Abigail were currently in transfiguration class and we both had to bring our familiars. Abigail's familiar was a white rat that she named snowflake. Snowflake and Coraline got along very well for being a cat and a rat. I sat next to Abigail while Coraline sat majestically on my desk. McGonagall stood at the front of the classroom with a proud bird perched on her desk.

"Could I have your attention, please? Now, today we will be transforming animals into water goblets." She said. Suddenly Coraline meows loudly. McGonagall just chuckled lightly at Coraline like she understood what she meant.

"Like so. One, two, three." She waved her wand to the bird next to her.

"Vera verto." Suddenly the bird transformed into a silver gauntlet. The students awe in wonder. That was brilliant!

"Now it's your turn..."

Once those words came out of McGonagall's mouth suddenly Coraline jumped off my desk and ran around the room. My eyes widened. "Coraline get back here!" I say getting up out of my seat. The students begin to laugh when they see that she was jumping onto students shoulders. She was such a little minx.

I ran through the desks trying to capture her. Suddenly she leapt onto Draco's shoulder. Oh why did she have to do that? Draco sat there stiffly. Coraline meows loudly before beginning to purr. Was she serious right now?

"He's gonna turn you into a goblet if you stay with him, too. Ya know?" I said. Draco looked at Coraline with a smirk. He looked almost proud of her. Coraline meowed shortly before laying down comfortably on Draco's shoulder. The students all awe at the sight. But, I was getting irritated. I groaned before walking up to Draco and grabbing the black cat.

"You're such a mischievous little one aren't you?" I said, putting Coraline in my arms. I glanced at Draco to see that he had the tiniest grin on his lips. I quickly went back to my seat.

"Well, Ms. Goldhorn. I'm thinking you should go first now." McGonagall smiled. I huffed and placed Coraline on my desk. "It's not going to hurt, I promise." I say before pointing my wand at Coraline.

"Vera verto." I said, swishing my wand. Suddenly Coraline quickly transformed into a glass goblet with beautiful carvings and gems on the side. The students clap when they see that it was a success. "You can change it back now, Ms. Goldhorn." Professor instructed. I pointed my wand at the goblet.

"Verto vera." I whispered. The gauntlet turned into Coraline once more. She meowed uncomfortably. The students clap again.

"Well done, 20 points, will be awarded to Slytherin." She says with a grin. Coraline jumped off my desk and began walking away. I gave her an apologetic look. She definitely hates me now. "Sorry." I whispered. She meowed softly before laying down right in between the desks. Suddenly I see Hermione's hand shoot up into the air.

"Yes, Ms. Granger?" McGonagall spoke.

"Professor... I was wondering if you could tell us about the Chamber of Secrets." Hermione asked nervously. Well, this was the right time to tell us. I could tell everyone in class was listening in. McGonagall gave us an unsure expression before speaking:

"Very well. You all know, of course, that Hogwarts was founded over a thousand years ago by the founding four greatest witches and wizards of the age. Godric Gryffindor, Helga Hufflepuff, Rowena Ravenclaw, and Salazar Slytherin. Three of the founders coexisted quite harmoniously, one did not."

It was Salazar wasn't it?

"Salazar Slytherin wished to be more selective about the students admitted to Hogwarts. He believed magical learning should be kept within all magic families. In other words, pure-bloods. Unable to sway the others, he decided to leave the school. Now according to legend Slytherin had built a hidden chamber in this castle, known as the Chamber of Secrets. Fell shortly before departing, he sealed it until that time when his own true heir returned to the school. The heir alone would be able to open the chamber and unleash the horror within and by so doing, purge the school of all those, who in Slytherin's view were unworthy to study magic." She finishes. That was a hell of a lot to take in.