CHAPTER 1

JENNIE'S POV

What have I done to receive all this kind of treatment? Haven't I been a great daughter? A good student? A nice friend? Why are they pushing me to the limit?

-Danmi: C'mon Jennie, are you going to jump or not? I'm already filming! (chuckles) I'm sure that that we'll go viral with this!

Yeah, it's easy for you to say it, you are not the one jumping. Why am I even in this tower? Why am I going to jump to the sea if I don't know how to swim? It doesn't make sense.

-Danmi: Jennie! It's now or never! This is our ritual to accept you in our group, we all have done this.
-Jennie: And who the hell came up with this stupid ritual?!
-Danmi: You already know, Lisa (smiles) She's the coolest girl I know.
-Jennie: (mutters) I would say the craziest...

I can't believe that I am about to do this shit because I don't want to be alone. This is the fucking real world where we are forced to do whatever is needed to fit!

I don't want to think about it anymore, I'll jump. If I survive this... Ill prove that I'm worth to know.

-Jennie: Fuck you! (starts running and jumps to the sea)

Woah... I really did it... I jumped out of the tower and now I'm gonna sink in the sea.

-???: Kairós.

Suddenly, I stop falling... I'm floating in the air. Is anyone else seeing this too? I can't belive it... What's going on? I should be struggling to swim already.

-???: What do you think you are doing?

-Jennie: (gasps) You! You are floating too! Is this real? What's going on?! I-I thought I was

-Jennie: (gasps) You! You are floating too! Is this real? What's going on?! I-I thought I was... Who are you?
-???: (grins) It would be too easy... Let's say, that I'm someone who will help you to survive.
-Jennie: What if I don't want to survive?
-???: I don't care, you just have no option (srughs)
-Jennie: Why am I floating?
-???: Oh, this? We are not floating... You are actually drowning right now (smiles)
-Jennie: Eh?
-???: We are here because it is what you last saw before falling.
-Jennie: Then, are you drowning too?!
-???: Me? (chuckles) I am not... But that's not the point here. Jennie Kim, why do you think you were born? Just to throw your life as if it meant nothing?
-Jennie: I was born to be alone... (looks down)
-???: So that's what you think, huh? I thought you still have to prove who is Jennie Kim. I thought you were someone strong enough to conquer me the world, and maybe also change it.
-Jennie: Why are you telling me this?
-???: Because I want you to survive (smiles)
-Jennie: But what's the point of that? I have no one with me...
-???: Ah, so that's your problem, huh? Fine, I'll be with you until...
-Jennie: Until?
-???: Until you discover the world's biggest secret (smirks) Now, start moving your arms and legs... You have to survive, Jennie. C'mon!
-Jennie: (obeys him)
-???: See you at the other side (smirks)

And suddenly, I fall into the water and everything goes black. What did just happen? Did I die? Or am I still alive? Who was that guy?!

-Time skip some hours later-

I open my eyes and start coughing badly... I look around but I'm not able to say where exactly am I. Everything is white... And this smell...

-Mom: Jennie! (hugs her) Thanks god you are okay...
-Dad: What the hell where you thinking about when you jumped out of that tower?! (pissed) Do you have any idea of how worried we were?
-Jennie: Mom, dad...
-Mom: We thought we would lose you (sighs) Jennie, why did you do something that dangerous?
-Jennie: I... I just wanted to be someone normal (sighs)
-Dad: Do you think that jumping out of a tower is normal?
-Jennie: I'm sorry... (tries to get up) I won't do something like that again, okay?

 (tries to get up) I won't do something like that again, okay?

-Dad: You better don't... We don't want to go through something like this never again (hugs her)
-Mom: The doctor said that you need to rest, so we'll be at the cafeteria meanwhile, okay? (smiles)
-Jennie: (nods)

My parents leave the room, now I know that I am at the hospital. I really almost died. And I would had probably died if it wasn't because of that guy. By the way, where is him?

-???: Did you call me? (smirks)
-Jennie: You!
-???: Shhh... Anyone could hear you.
-Jennie: So?
-???: (sighs) It would be a little bit too big clue if I told you... Let's say that you can talk to me just by using your mind.
-Jennie: What?! You can read my mind?
-???: I can do whatever I want with you, Jennie Kim (smiles)
-Jennie: As if I would allow you to... You don't know me, so if I were you, I would watch out my words.
-???: I know you perfectly (chuckles) Jennie Kim, 20 years old, second year of college, had a romance around four years ago and you still haven't gotten over it. You have two dogs, Kai and Kuma, also-
-Jennie: Stop! Stop! Stop it! (sighs) How is that even possible?! I haven't told you anything of that!
-???: Well, it is related with the thing of discovering the biggest secret of this world (smiles and srughs)
-Jennie: Agh, my head hurts just by thinking about that...
-???: Maybe you should rest a little bit more. I'll come whenever you call me, so don't worry, okay?
-Jennie: Can I know your name?
-???: You can, but you'll need to discover it by yourself.
-Jennie: Then, how am I supposed to refer to you?
-???: That's up to you, you can give me a name, or leave me without one (chuckles)
-Jennie: It would be too complicated to refer to you without a name... So, I'll give you one.
-???: Fine, go ahead (raises his hands) From now on, I'll be...
-Jennie: From now on, you'll be Athan.
-???: Athan? (curious) Why that name?
-Jennie: Because you said "time" in Greek before. So I thought that maybe you would like a Greek name too.
-Athan: But Athan means "immortal"...
-Jennie: Yeah, that's because you didn't drown with me before.
-Athan: You are really interesting, Jennie Kim (smirks) I'll see you next time, once you have rested enough.