Chapter 5 - The Date And The End(Really Bad Ending)

{~Luke's POV~}

Me and Alex were now on our date, we were talking while eating some breakfast at a nearby restaurant. We were laughing and talking. This kind of reminded me of the times when me and Zander used to come here really often, we would always talk and talk but we never really laughed...well Zander didn't at least, he was never interested in hanging out with me. Everything changed so much! We used to laugh and hug each other when we were kids, but now, Zander changed...he hated being hugged by me, he also hated when I was close to him. I frowned realizing that he hated my company.

Alex put his hand on mine and asked, "What's wrong Luke?" I looked up at him and smiled. He always found a way to make me happy again, 'I want to marry this man...' I blushed at my thought and chuckled, "I'm fine Alex, I was just having bad memories..." I sighed, 'Bad memories...my good memories with Zander turned into bad memories...'

"You know..." I looked up when I heard Alex talking, "You should try hanging out with Zander today, I saw your messages with him last night." I stayed there frozen and almost yelled, "You were awake?!?" I saw Alex laugh at me, "Of course you big dummy!" He then tapped my nose and laughed some more. I looked at him and said, "Are you sure...?" Alex sighed and then responded with, "Yeah, I'm sure. I know you love him as well, and you two haven't made up from that 'fight' of yours."

I sighed, "You don't care if I cancel this wedding, huh." I was upset while thinking this, 'Does he not want to marry me?' I looked at Alex right in the eyes as he shook his head, "I just want you to be happy...even if that means that I won't be the one making you happy." I smiled at him, I remembered all my memories with Zander, "I had so many memories with him, and I loved him but I moved on from him." Alex was surprised but he then smiled at me, "At least try to make up with him you big dummy." I smiled at Alex, "Heh, you're the kindest person in the world." Alex blushed and then laughed at my comment, "Pfft, you won't be saying that when I wake you up each morning for school or work!"

Me and Alex continued talking and laughing, I decided to ask Zander to hang out after school.

——————

A Few Hours Later

Me and Alex had finished breakfast an hour ago, we were now sitting down on a bench in the park near the restaurant. There was only silence, all heard was the wind and the rustling leaves. Me and Alex were holding hands looking at the blue sky above us, we smiled. I decided to finally speak up, "You know, I used to have a crush on Zander..." I started, I looked at Alex beside me, he was still smiling, "I know." He said with a small giggle. I chuckled, "But I've moved on from him. You make me really happy Alex, and I just can't wait to marry you!" I exclaimed happily, I saw Alex's whole face which was completely red, he then pulled both of his hands and covered his face, I laughed at this.

I suddenly I got a text message from Zander. Alex gestured for me to open it.

Zander And Luke's Private Chat

Sent at 7:50 AM
Luke:
Hey Zander, I was thinking if we could hang out today after school?

Sent at 9:18 AM
Zander:
What about your date with Alex?

Luke:
That doesn't matter, well it technically does—but I need to talk to you.

Zander:
Sure, if you want to talk we can...

Luke:
Great I'll see you later!
Read at 9:23 AM

Back In Real Life

I turned my phone off and saw that Alex was smiling next to me, "See? How hard was that?" I chuckled and pulled Alex closer to me, causing him to blush, I then planted a kiss on his cheek which made him blush even more then before. His expression made me laugh harder.

After a few minutes of silence Alex said, "You should try telling him how you felt about him...it's better for you to get it off your chest." I smiled and nodded, "I will."

——————

Me and Zander were now sitting under a tree and talking to each other, "Look Zander, I'm sorry for whatever I did to make you ignore me..." Zander was looking at me, surprised, he then said, "You didn't do anything wrong...I had no right to ignore you, I just wanted to make you jealous by hanging out with Jake." I was surprised by his response, I didn't know what to say, I stayed silent for a few minutes, "Why...?" Was all that I could say, Zander looked down at the grass, I noticed that his face was red, he sighed and said, "Look, I know you aren't going to accept my confession Luke...but I just wanted to tell you that I've been in love with you since we were kids." He paused, "I wanted to make you jealous, I wanted you to confront me or Jake, but when that never happened I completely shut you out..." I was surprised by Zander's confession towards me, I sighed, "Look Zander, I had a crush on you as well...but I grew out of it. You know, this whole hang out for today was Alex's idea...he wanted both of us to make up, and I hope you know that we can both stay as friends!" I smiled and then continued, "I forgive you for ignoring me as well." Zander's head slowly lifted up to look at me, he nodded and gave me a warm smile, "I understand." Tears filled Zander's eyes, he then stoop up and left.

——————

~What happened after the whole rejection~

{~No One's POV~}

Luke and Alex's wedding was still going and being prepared, Alex had given Luke a pair of drums as a birthday gift. Zander was not heard of ever since Luke's rejection.

A few weeks later

The Music Club won the band competition(without Zander) and they pretty much became celebrities, Jakes friends stopped bothering them after seeing their amazing talents.

Alex had become good friends with everyone in the Music Club, except with Zander since he was still unheard of. Alex and Luke's relationship was very healthy and Luke says that he couldn't have any better fiancé then Alex.

A Few Years Later
{~No One's POV~}

Luke and Alex were now married and had adopted two beautiful children, it was now their anniversary, Luke was reading a note with tears rolling down his cheeks, "Luke..." Alex sat down next to his husband, Luke looked up and chuckled, "Until this day I still can't believe Zander did this..." Alex sighed and wrapped his arms around Luke, "It wasn't your fault, you aren't responsible for the decision he made Luke..." Luke shakily sighed, "Today was the day he committed suicide...the day we got married...he was missing for all this time..."

When Alex and Luke got married, Zander's dead body was found, and beside him was a note written especially for Luke.

The End
(Because I had no more ideas)