𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐨 - Birthday Girl

En başından başla

"Hey, Sis." Charlie cut in. "Why don't you hang out with Remy. I'm gonna go look around some stores nearby."

"Oh, okay. You don't want any ice cream?" She asked him.

"No thanks, I'm good. I'll be back soon though, so don't worry."

Valerie nodded and watched him leave the parlor, not really giving it much thought. She turned back around just as it was their turn to order.

"Ahoy, Valerie! Didn't see you there. Would you like to set sail on this ocean of flavor with me? I'll be your captain. I'm Steve Harrington." Valerie glanced at Remy with a look that said 'Is this guy, for real?' before she turned back to Steve. "Can I get you guys a little taste of the Cherries Jubilee? No? How about a Banana Boat, hmm? Two people, two spoons?"

The female worker in the back of the shop took a dry erase marker and wrote something down, before she walked out into the front and pushed Steve out of the way.

"Congratulations, Popeye. You still suck." She spoke, before facing the customers at the counter and smirking at the sight of Val. "Whoa, whoa, whoa. What's with the all-black ensemble? Did somebody die?"

"Hilarious." Valerie deadpanned. "You know, it's bold of you to make fun of someone else's attire when you yourself look like a knock off version of Sailor Moon."

(A/N: Sailor Moon actually came out in 1992, however, we needed a good comeback so...🤫)

"Touché." She chuckled. "I'm Robin. What can I get you two today?"

Remy took a step closer and smirked mischievously at Steve. "I'll take two scoops of the Rocky Road, Captain." He bit his lip and twirled his hair, purposely trying to make him uncomfortable. Which proved to work, because Steve hid behind Robin.

Val smiled at her friend's antics, before facing the sailor girl once more. "I'll have just one scoop of the Birthday Cake, please."

"Wow, I totally wouldn't have guessed that Birthday Cake would match your style." Robin teased, before sending her a wink. "Coming right up."

Valerie slightly blushed at her remark, as she waited for her ice cream. Contrary to what many people believed, her dark clothes and lip-piercing was just a façade. I mean, of course she liked the alternative look. However, her attire and black hair didn't necessarily mean that she was some emo chick.

It all began in her freshman year of high school. When she started getting bullied because of her preferences, she adopted the rebellious look of her older brothers as a defense mechanism, so that people would be less inclined to approach her. That way, she could be left alone. It seemed to work so far...

"Here's your cone." Steve stated, before cautiously handing it over to Remy, across the counter.

"Thank you, Captain." He replied, and blew him a kiss as a final act of torment. He then walked away to claim a booth nearby.

"And for you, Birthday Girl." Robin smiled, as she handed Valerie her cone.

"Thanks." Val replied, before grabbing it from her hand. Their fingers lightly touched in the process, causing Valerie to nearly drop her ice cream. Fortunately though, she was able to take it and hand over the payment, before gracefully heading over to sit across from Remy.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" She immediately furrowed her eyebrows at her best friend, as she slid into the booth.

"Oh, nothing." He sighed, innocently. "I was just enjoying all of the flirtation that just occurred between you two."